What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of the plants in this room's title, what plants do y'all (attemp at Texas drawl) grow?
smile.gif

Possibilities:
Bromeliads - Brocchinia reducta, Catopsis berteroniana
Ibicella lutea (a.k.a. Devil's claw, unicorn plant)
Roridula - ssp. gorgonias and dentata
Triphyophyllum peltatum (;))

There are other possible/kind of/unpopular/misfit carnivores, too. Dipsacus fullonum, Capsella bursa-pastoris, Paepalanthus, and Proboscidea come to mind.

Of the above, the only plant I grow is Brocchinia reducta, which is...kind of interesting.
smile.gif

How about everyone else?

Chris

I grow:

Catopsis Berteroniana

and I have a pot of newly germinated Roridula gorgonias seedlings.

I grow Brocchinia reducta. Thats it for now.

I would love to get my hands on a carnivore in cognito... They are scarce to me... Except for shepperd's purse, they are weeds here... They are the ones with the seeds that supposedly eat mosquito larvae...

I grow Roridula dentata and Roridula gorgonias (both covered no with thousands (!) of insects) inculding Pameridea marlothii (the "assassin bugs")
I also grow a Catopsis (which everyone labels as berteroniana, but someone told me, that the "true" berteroniana has not entered cultivation yet, so I don't know for sure)

Martin

Pineapple.

And some smaller Bromo's

I really do not know what mav have gone wild in my green house many Uncataloged smallgreen plants and mosses.

Ghrey

Does anybody grow Ibicella lutea? I've been looking for some seeds of this plant, but seems impossible to find.

Back