What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devil's claw

I've read a little bit about devil's claws in the book The Savage Garden but i wanted to know more. The only picture in the book is of the plant's seed but i wanted to see a picture of the plant itself. Does anyone have one they can post? I was also wondering what makes it carnivorous? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

-buckeye

The Savage Garden is a little misleading on this plant. It has not been proven to be carnivorous. The plant has glands that produce "glue"(probably as a defense mechanism against pests). Tests performed on this plant show no enzyme activity.

(year old topic)
I have a huge one, as big as me. I'll get a pic up soon.

Craig

hey i have one and it just got flower buds on it now. cant wait

i jus got 2 from the BACPS from the cali carn venders, one had the claw and the other had the flowers i got the flowers and my frend got the other, i only got pix of mines
Devil'sClaw01.jpg

Devil'sClaw02.jpg

its anual and imma get som seeds soon, so PM me if u wanna trade for this devils claw which said to releive pain from joints and reduce arthritus etc,

no i dont, but i think that carnivorekid might he's pollinating his flower now, and i get seeds (yay!)

mine is slowly dying,
smile_k_ani_32.gif
imma kill somone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_lover @ Sep. 10 2004,10:01)](year old topic)
I have a huge one, as big as me. I'll get a pic up soon.

Craig
Where is the pic?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]mine is slowly dying,
smile_k_ani_32.gif
imma kill somone!

This one does best outdoors in the summer without too much water. If you don't take care of it it grows like a weed.

Peter

you can grow it like a geranium. it requires nothing more then a typical annual such as a marigold, petunias, geranium, etc. Just as long as you get the plant in early as you wont make it in time if you wait too late in the season to plant.I have one that didnt complete its seeding yet and i brought it inside but after bringing it in as temps got cold it just doesnt grow at all. As long as it holds on till spring and ill plant it and then ill be good.

Back