What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devils claw seeds

goldtrap

BANNED
I hav a few devils claw seeds that i want to germinate but 1 problem , I don't know how . i need to know when , what size pot , what soil media , should the soil be moist or dry during germination , does it need sun for germination , what temp do u need for germination , how long is it going to germinate , how deep do i have to burry the seed , and r there anythings I should know like how do i pollinate the plant .

sorry , I accidently logged in to the wrong name , please pm me to goldtrap2690 if u wanna pm me info .

I'm sure sa few pplk own this plant and it is a good time to germinate the seeds but i need the help so anybody .

if you have THE SAVAGE GARDEN
read pages 289 & 290

i hav that book and it does'nt answer muck about devils claws

hi GOLDTRAP 2690
i tried (ibicella lutea) on msn search
and alot of sites came up i hope this helps you
i to have always wanted to grow d.c.
but it gets to cold for them out side where i live

it does'nt tell me how to take care of it and most of them are in spanish .

hi G.T. 2690
now i see your frustration i just spent 3 hrs. searching
for growing info. on devils claw and found nothing we dont allready know which is not much
but from what i have seen i would go with info.in the savage garden as little info.as there is it looks like thay are easy to grow in southern  cal. where you live what i dont understand is it dies after seeding ?? i think that needs more research or maybe you can just cut off the seed or flower stock like a v.f.t.???
please keep me informed  and i will keep looking to on what you learn because i would like to give it a go too if i can here in pennsylvania
maybe some on this forum knows more if you do please reply

thank you both for answering my question , the savage garden book does not tell much info so i would'nt think the book would help much , about the seed thing , it is an annual , many plants are annuals , they die after setting seed so if i cut the flowers off then i would not get another plant .

Hi goldtrap:

If you look further down in this section of the discussion, there is a topic on ibicella, I believe a memeber "kupo" posted some good information on how to get the seed germinated. Personally, I have never grow this species my-self (seeds are forbiden to entry into New Zealand, so I am still looking for any local source) so, can not offer you much help except directing you to the post.

regard

too bad you can't grow those plants miracle , if they grow like weeds you otta look around very carefully . i hope you find a wild seed pod .

hay GOLDTRAP 2690
if you did not find any info. on devils claw
spacer told me to try ICPS. quarterly june 1999 issue
volume 28 #2 i dont have it and if you dont have it
maybe someone on this forum has it and maybe thay would be nice and send you a copy of it

ARGH , it still has'nt germinated , an update ,so far i made a small cut on the seeds and soak them more in superthrive but still no germination . i hope ti germinayes soon .

Is this the same plant that sticks to ostridge feet?

darcie , i think they dos tick to ostrich feet .

Hi,

I'm from SA and also planted Devils Claw seeds in January, but none has germinated yet...

Back