What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?brocchinia reducta

i rmeber there was a post her ei made a while ago about this carnivorous bromeliad but i can't find it no more , anyways , how much lgiht can this plany handle , tis the only plant i have so i don't want to take risk and also what temps can it handle as well . my plant is small , its in a 3 inch pot but it does'nt seem to be growing too fast .

ugh , how did a question mark get in the topic name ?

Mine is under (8) 40 watt flourescent tubes, in 100% humidity. Current temps 80+F days, 70F nights. I mist frequently and keep the well filled with water. Basic bromelliad care works fine, if you are growing other species. Mine is a yearling, and growing well under these conditions.

Hi!

I know a couple of people growing this plant. Everyone of them has it on a windowsill and ignores it (beside of watering). They grow nice, get many plantlets and flower. Why growing them in 100% humidity anyway?

Good growing!
Jan

Back