What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cryanthus

One of my earth stars suddenly produced a cute white flower. I can't seem to find any part of the flower that I can call female. Am I correct in guessing that the plant is male and will not produce seed? Or am I just blind?

Joe

I think you'll get more help if this topic gets moved to the brmomeliad forum because earth stars are definitly not cp's .

I think he thought he did----> Carnivorous/Quasi-Carnivorous: Bromeliads, Devil's Claw, Roridula, Triphyophyllum » Cryanthus

I think Phil or somebody might want to remove Bromeliads from the title of this forum so that there won't be more confusion with the "Bromeliads, Tilandsia, Ferns" forum.

smile.gif

BCK

Crypthanthus is both male and female its just you cant see the whole flower you are probably just seeing the bracts in general bromeliads dont produce seed,and even if they do they are dust like and difficult to propigate,you will have more luck propagateing from the offsets that form after fowering,during wich the mother plant will inevitably die.

die? as in dead? are you serious? this is terrible, somebody call a doctor... one of my most beautiful vivarium plants on its way to that big dirt pit in the ground, how depressing.

Well yes the mother plant WILL inevitably die but will produce several offshoots or "pups" wich can be rooted once they are at least half the size of the mother plant in slightly damp sand.:)

Back