What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roridula

I have become fascinated, to a certain extent, with the "Tales of Roridula." I guess what people say about the plant isn't THAT fascinating, but I till would love to have one and watch the symbiosis between the plant, the capsid/assassin bugs (are these the same thing?), and the spiders.

So, do any of you know a good resource for otaining a Roridula? What about the capsid bugs? Spiders?
Any help appreciated
-Trev

I have some freash Roridula seeds that germinate just fine if you want to trade.
Arie

Thanks for the offer Arie. However I'm not sure if I have anything that would be of interest to you. I am recovering from a bit of a "CP Vacation" so my collection is down to N.ventrata, N.Khasiana x ventricosa, a most-likely dead N.alta, a clump of D. spatulata... I think. I also have a just-out-of-TC S. rubra (?), a P. moranensis, and a P. primuliflora.

My species are pretty much the generic forms of each genus. However, I guess if you wanted an N. khasiana x ventricosa basal offshoot, I could work on that. Other wise I could give you a P. primuliflora plantlet.
Again, I don't really have much.

Anyone know where I can buy some seeds or a specimen?
-Trev

I would like the N. khasiana x ventricosa basal offshoot
Arie

what are assasin and capsid bugs?
if some can post a pic(like maybe one where theyr on the plant), that would be cool
Hellz

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HellzDungeon @ April 15 2004,1:25)]what are assasin and capsid bugs?
if some can post a pic(like maybe one where theyr on the plant), that would be cool
Hellz
theyre microscopic

Actually, I believe the assassin bugs associated with roridula (Pameridea roridulae and P. marlothii) are easily visible:

00863.jpg

Couple of websites I found:

http://fernkloof.com/species.mv?166
http://www.masozravky.com/Fotky2001/cp_photos_2.htm

Hope this helps.

Mike

wow thats cool
i wish i could have some with those lil critters on them
i dont think id want to actually keep on cus they are very rare plants and i dont want to fell guilt of killing one (only recently have i acquired a green thumb through research of how to care of plants)
wink.gif

Back