What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pray for us in katy, texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

losfreddy

Composter
They say Rita is gonna hit the Texas coast and bring winds up to 110 miles in my area and bring flash flooding and tornadoes. the city of Katy is having a Voluntary Evacuation. Everyone is headed east out away from Houston on 90. all the pumps are out of gas or running out of gas and lines flooding out into the street. On top of the pin oak overpass looking onto I-10, there are cars bumper to bumper to as far as the eye can see. I've never seen so many cars. on 99 north it is so backed up, people are stopped and out of their cars. all the guns, toilet paper and water have been cleared off of all the shelfs at wal-mart and go as quickly as they come. Everyone i know is leaving. My cousin to Missouri, my friends to be with their families in other towns. In my house we have bottles of water and gallon jugs filled up. My food dehydrator is filled to capacity preserving all the meat before we loose the freezers. Theres alota of Kerosene lamps candles and lanterns out here. All of our camping gear and First aid kits on the floor in the living room. A giant bucket of matches by the rocking chair. I have my 12 volt recharged. my hurricane light and all the propane cans we can find. I even have a peculator and a portable propane stove so my father and I can have coffee in the mornings after. As the storm approaches, the town i grew up in seems more and more like a ghost town. Please pray for us in Texas as Hurricane Rita comes to the coast. It is the 3rd strongest storm to hit the United States Ever.

we're all praying for you guys!! Rita just passed over us but it was pretty weak... its' really picked up though. God bless all you guys in Tx!

-Jc

While we all feel for you and are hoping for the best, you posted this in the wrong forum. I'm going to move it to the General Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back