What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thousands of pitcher plants saved!

I found this article; very nice to hear all those pitcher plants and sundews being saved.
smile_n_32.gif

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061007/ap_on_re_us/pitcher_plant_rescue

i wonder if they know that the yellow pitcher is S. flava not S. alata....obviously not i guess. HORRAY! this shows that even if you arent a fanatic like us you can still save a beautiful plant!
Alex

I read about this a couple of days ago. While It's very good that some of the plants were saved, it's really depressing that another cp habitat is lost. Only 3% of natural pine woodlands remain, and now it's a little more is gone.

Yea and while maybe 10 Percent of that 2,000 will even grow and thrive due to people who DONT know how to grow them...
confused.gif

We fight a loosing battle due to the arrogance of mankind.

Its just sad to see how mankind is soo disconnected with life. Being the one species which has the power and the brain to "analyse", "feel", "understand" how this planet works, the diversity and all...and yet, ignorance and pleasure with immediate "money" is all that matters. Well! Initially when I used to hear the end of the world theories, I was like they are all crazy. Now, its definately going to happen by the way mankind plunders nature.

The link doesn't work for me :(

It's an old link, given the attention span of the internet age. If it were a library book, it might still be on the shelf of new books.

Back