What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headed to Meadowview!

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
During June 26th - July 3rd, I'm heading out to meadowview to donate my time and help out the conservation efforts over there. Personally I'm really excited to be able to see CP's in their natural habitat and help with efforts in place making sure they have a spot in the wild for years to come.

I hope to be posting lots of pics of my trip out there and be able to share experiences!

Check out their website, if you haven't heard of them before.
http://www.pitcherplant.org/

Updates to come!
Nathan

Hey there nathan.
Have you been there before? it looks exactly like it does in theon the website only bigger, I was by there a couple of years,( they weren't open) had to drool over the entry way .
Have a gr8 time.
Looking forward to your posts

Nate,

Sounds like a great opportunity. Make sure to take lots of pictures to share with those of us who never leave our offices! What a noble way to donate time and energy. I know it will be a rewarding experience.

xvart.

While you're there...pop on over to John Hummer's place. It's an amazing piece of property. Tomorrow is his annual Ecology Day.

Cool! I hope you have a great time! Take lots of pictures!

John Hummer,Hmmmm.I hear he has some nice plants,have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I'm on the way!

Buuut currently stuck in the train on my way to Washington DC. (Delayed by freight trains already) Train travel is 'interesting' to say the least. lol From the sounds of it, people are starting the snoring phase of the trip. I wonder if I'll be one of those too, lol.

Anyways, looking forward to arriving at the meadow tomorrow! I hope to post updates of my trip here for those who may be interested in reading about the conservation efforts happing over there. 8)

Wish me luck on making my train transfer!
Nathan

Wish me luck on making my train transfer!

Ugh... Train transfer?! Good luck. Have fun and we look forward to pictures and updates.

xvart.

Back