What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunter...or hunted?

Hello Friends,

Here's a few shots of a Mantodea (Praying Mantis) hunting ants from the mouth of a Sarracenia leucophylla pitcher at Splinter Hill Preserve. I have many more interesting photos, videos and reports coming, including a sit-down interview with Keith Tassin of TNC and a full tour of Splinter Hill Preserve, so stay tuned!

Firstly, I'd like to send a very special thanks to Mark Todd and the NASC for their assistance in the ICPS/ Bay Co, Fl. CP rescue. Many plants were rescued and have now found a happy home with NASC under their constant care. Complete video documentary of those efforts are coming soon as well... Also, I'd like to thank Serge Grondin for his outstanding assistance also. It was hot, back-breaking work.

It seems to take take forever to go through all the pics and video for editing but it will be done soon! :)

Stay tuned and Happy Growing,

Brian.

is.php

is.php

is.php

Very cool pics!

That Mantis is just happily munching away. :)

Nice pictures! Mantids are really neat.

Cool mantid and leuco. Thanks for sharing. :)

Very nice! The mantid looks like it's Brunneria borealis. It's native to the south and is one of the only matid species that reproduces via parthenogenesis.

Thanks for sharing.

Back