What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BP Oil Spill: Pensacola Beach, Perdido Bay

The only, and main problem with "Drill Baby Drill" is that, if all the oil is drilled and collected now, there will be an extreme oil shortage problem in the future, thus causing an extreme depression in economy. I guess the supporters of "Drill Baby Drill" are just too narrow minded and short sighted to see that.

Actually.. uhm.. there have been rumors about the U.S having the largest stockpile of oil in the world.. Nobody but "official&leaders" know what for.. :[

The only reason BP isn't doing anything(well, not the only, there's a lot of things I can't say) is because there is money to be made coming out from that well. More oil in the water, more publicity, either more people or less people buy their oil. Simple stragety.
As for Drill Baby Drill, just listen to Martina Mcbride "Wrong Baby Wrong" and convert the lyrics. Works perfectly.

The other day in town cars were still going to and doing business as normal at the BP station. I wanted to stop by and scream at the top of my lungs, "WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING!" Why are Americans still buying anything from BP!? There should be a total boycott of anything from BP. I absolutely refuse to spend one red cent there as long as this remains in my memory! Me alone not putting my money there means nothing to them, but at least I know I'm not directly contributing to their sad excuse of a corporation.

If I or anyone else went to a BP station and poured one single quart of oil on the ground, we'd be arrested and fined. I ask no less of the idiots at the head of BP, except that they should be charged and sentenced by the quart.

David

Last edited:
Its a shame because the Florida coast is so nice, and it will be sad to get it ruined. Yet of course all of Bp's money will pay to have most of it cleaned up. Sadly loads of dolphins and all sorts of fish have been affected by this.

Im surprised that people still buy from them, but you americans are lucky. In England it would cost me $200 to fill up my car. It only cost me $40 to do it there.

I would say "lucky" is a relative term. Why don't you tell that to my uncle's brother who hasn't been able to make a living since this whole thing started.

He said that if this changes the location of the Tuna's food supply like the slave trade altered the shark migration patter even to this day, fishing in the gulf will never be what it was, ever.

David

It must be terrible for fisherman to make a living right now.

Here's an interesting site. It keeps daily statistics of the 'reported' deaths. Actual numbers are much higher I'm sure. http://dailydeadbirds.com/

It however does not include the human lives that were lost in the explosion or those who were made ill due to the chemicals used afterwards. Nor does it count the dead fish that have already come to short, those have have not yet come to short, or those that may never turn up.

The "Oiled but Alive" numbers are also misleading because most of the rescued animals still die after being cleaned due to stress and from ingesting the oil. The "Cleaned and Released" count is more telling of how bad this is.

I wish current footage and photos were still being shown on the news. I get the feeling that most Americans think the issue is taken care of when it is worse than ever. Media censorship stinks, especially when it's under the influence of a foreign company telling us what footage can and can't be shown of our own waters, shorelines, and wildlife. It's even worse that our government has apparently been bought off. They're all spineless.

David

The other day in town cars were still going to and doing business as normal at the BP station. I wanted to stop by and scream at the top of my lungs, "WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING!" Why are Americans still buying anything from BP!? There should be a total boycott of anything from BP. I absolutely refuse to spend one red cent there as long as this remains in my memory! Me alone not putting my money there means nothing to them, but at least I know I'm not directly contributing to their sad excuse of a corporation.

If I or anyone else went to a BP station and poured one single quart of oil on the ground, we'd be arrested and fined. I ask no less of the idiots at the head of BP, except that they should be charged and sentenced by the quart.

David

#1 BP got out of the private sale business some years back...
#2 quite often these places are not selling BP gas, they often have fuel contracts with other companies.....and other stations are just as likely selling BP gas.....unless you look at an individual stations purchase contracts there is no real way to knw what they are selling....

boycotting BP stations in no way hurts BP.....only hurts the private owner of the station that quite likely is selling fuel that does not come from BP.....

the Gulf is in a much better position to heal than the coast of Alaska was during Exxon Valdez......much more bacteria to break down the crude in the Gulf where crude bubbles up through the sea floor naturally......the Gulf will recover....back in the 70's the Ixtoc 1 oil spill released 3.3 million barrels of oil off the Mexican coast over a 10 month period and the spill made it as far north as Texas....Mexico's shrimp industry where the spill occurred rebounded in 2 or 3 years....scientists were flat out stunned how fast microorganisms in the gulf broke down the crude....

is the spill good? no....should better checks be in place to keep them from happening? yes.....but it aint the end of the Gulf ecosystem at all.....once they get it capped things will be back to normal inside a decade....

+1 rattler.

Boycotting stations only hurts station owners which is most likely a regular person just like you who is trying to make some money. This is not the end of the world although it is a terribly tragic mishap that needs to get cleaned up quickly. Quit B.S.-ing around government and do some good for once.

A friend in GA told me the BP station owner who was interviewed on their local news does buy BP fuel. If it's only hurting the BP station owners and they don't get BP fuel, then they can publicly post from what other source they get their fuel if they want my business. It's that simple. If it were me, I'd be embarrassed to carry the BP name, no matter what fuel I sold. Watch BP go all Philip Morris / Altria after this to re-brand themselves.

David

that is one gas station......where im at the fuel at BP stations is likely from Connico as there are no BP refineries around......

BP stations around here use Shell and label it so.

I have not bought anything from a BP station.

This is from BP's site.

Elements of the franchise package include:

• 20 year franchise agreement
• Separate fuel supply agreement (the ones I have heard of, do sell BP fuel)
• Up-front franchise fee
Dealer pays an ongoing royalty fee based on shop and car wash turnover.

Buying anything from even the shop goes towards paying royalties to BP.

David

I have not bought anything from a BP station.

This is from BP's site.

Elements of the franchise package include:

• 20 year franchise agreement
• Separate fuel supply agreement (the ones I have heard of, do sell BP fuel)
• Up-front franchise fee
Dealer pays an ongoing royalty fee based on shop and car wash turnover.

Buying anything from even the shop goes towards paying royalties to BP.

David

something the private individual signed BEFORE the spill......cant see screwing with them BP's stock has taken enough of a hit to be punishing BP more than not giving them 2 cents off of buying a pop......

You do with your two cents what you want and I'll do with mine what I want.

If your family owns BP stocks, of course you'd put your money there. My family so happens to be married into a family who has a fishing business in the gulf. So, no, I will not give BP even two cents. They have caused enough loss. They do not need my two cents as well.

David

Awesome video! This would happen if BP spilled coffee.

probably not, after this little incident, they are probably stuck with sippy cups and child proof lids

You do with your two cents what you want and I'll do with mine what I want.

If your family owns BP stocks, of course you'd put your money there. My family so happens to be married into a family who has a fishing business in the gulf. So, no, I will not give BP even two cents. They have caused enough loss. They do not need my two cents as well.

David

well fine but your screwing with the small guy like your family more than your screwing with BP.....i dont own any stock in BP though if i had the money i would be given what Exxons stock did after the clean up.......

bet yah with in 3 years of it being capped the gulf is pretty much back to normal....especially since it did after the Mexican spill in the 70's and this one will have to be uncapped for over 2 years to do what the Mexican well did in 10 months.......besides i highly doubt your families fishing boats are running off of electricity......

......besides i highly doubt your families fishing boats are running off of electricity......
Nope, not running off of electricity, fuel, or anything else right now.

Back