What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Meadowview Catalog

Hi Folks:

Our 2011 plant catalog has just been posted on our web site at www.pitcherplant.org. There are several new items including a series of Stewart McPherson books.

Our webmaster, Michael Kevin Smith, is now working on putting the shopping cart together and this should go live in a few weeks.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Hooray! I've been waiting for the new one. Meant to hit you guys up last Fall but things got a little too tight. :s Here's to 2011! :)
~Joe

There's actually a lot of spectacular deals, even without the membership pricing, if you consider how rare some of these offerings are. Also, I defy you to find another source for 100 Aldrovanda turnions for $75 or less. But yeah, Meadowview isn't exactly where you go to get started with CPs.
~Joe

I just wanted to chime in here... I ordered plants from Phil Sheridan last year and just placed my order this year... and my experience has been nothing short of great.

i ordered a Sarr last year from him. the dang thing had 3 flower buds on it and i will definitely be splitting it into 3 pieces this spring. they are pricey, but with the membership discount i think you get a good deal, considering the quality of the plant, where the $ is going and what it's being used for.

Spendy but sooo worth it :drool:

NEW New Years Resolution: buy from new places. Especially those that do some good ;)

It's where my awesome rosea luteolata came from - you'll pay for a decent plant; it's none of those puny divisions. It's the one on the left here after a half year of growth at my place:
PC010023.jpg

I have been waiting!
I hope to make it to Meadowview in July, if all goes well!

Highly recommend S. 'White Knight'.

They're expensive, but the money goes to an excellent cause. The surrounding area is developing at an alarming rate and the reserve is definitely needed. I've visited them before and the plants they have available are probably some of the best you will find. Some of the Sarracenias I saw were massive and full of color! I bought a fe Drosera brevifolia and a D. rotundifolia over the fall from them. Hopefully they'll come out of dormancy strongly.

I definitely plan on buying a Cephalotus from them sometime soon.

It's where my awesome rosea luteolata came from - you'll pay for a decent plant; it's none of those puny divisions. It's the one on the left here after a half year of growth at my place:
PC010023.jpg

ARG! I was shattered to find that it was not in stock this year... :) According to Mr. Sheridan, it'll be a few years before more adult rosea luteolas (luteolatas?) are back in stock... :D Something for me to look forward to... :D

I have never ordered from Phil (I've only order two times since growing CPs) but have searched his cataloge very carefully. I feel that it is a very good idea to order plants from this source.

Oh man! That catalog is such a drool-fest! I wish I had a spare couple hundred bucks to burn. I might just make room somehow...

Hi Folks:

Our webmaster, Michael Kevin Smith, uploaded our new shopping cart for our catalog yesterday (click on the on-line catalog link at www.pitcherplant.org). This is a big advance for us and now allows you to easily place your order and use your credit card.

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan
Meadowview

Back