What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Site for Drosera intermedia!!!

Wire Man

Sphagnum Guru
While searching a tract of land in Surry county, VA a new population of Drosera intermedia was discovered by the Meadowview Biological Research Station team. Richard, one of the summer interns, is responsible for the discovery. We were not expecting to find this plant. D. capillaris would have been expected, considering D. brevifolia is also found on site, but this was completely unexpected. No Lycopodium was on site, making it an even more unexpected discovery. We've never seen intermedia found with brevifolia before, as they have 2 very different growth habits. One nicely sized plant was found among several smaller ones. We're hoping to find the mother site soon along with, hopefully, some Sarracenia.

Graham, Meadowview intern

Gr8n news Thanx for sharing

Good stuff!

I have been thinking about doing some searches here around Houston in some of the lowland/wetland areas we have. I know there are some sites about an hour and a half to two hours away at the big thicket national preserve, but I bet there might be some a bit farther west. Are there any reports of CPs in Harris County?

We'll have to check our maps. Do you know what indicators to look for?

Back