What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meadowview Intern Program

Hi Folks:

We just completed our third summer of the Meadowview intern program. Interns Graham Hunt and Richard Curzon did a fantastic job and I really hated to see them leave and return to school. Richard got college credit for his internship through Brigham Young University where he is majoring in Wildlife and Wildland Conservation. Graham Hunt is finishing his art degree at Christopher Newport University and did a wonderful job chronicling his intern experience with a photo documentation on the General Discussion link at TerraForums. Graham and Richard participated in original field work turning up a number of new populations of rare plants, re-potting plants, and restoring native pitcher plant bogs.

We are accepting applications for the winter program and ask you to let folks know about openings for next summer. Don't forget we also have Eco-vacations for those that want to help out for a few days or weeks.

Please let me know if you have any questions and contact me by e-mail at meadowview@pitcherplant.org.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Holiday Interns

Hi Folks:

If anone is interested we do have opennings for volunteer interns over the Holiday Season in December. You might even be able to get school credit for the work. Please contact me at meadowview@pitcherplant.org if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Take the opportunity people! It's a great experience! I could be wrong, but I think there will be a position open for the summer as well (?). Anyone with a biology or conservation background in their education would be a great help, I'm sure. Don't be afraid to contact Phil, he's an easy going guy :)
Richard (former intern)

It was an awesome experience! There will definitely be positions open for the summer, and there's a strong possibility that I'll be returning to help out again. I'm an art major and got the position last summer. Sure I didn't get paid. But did I care? No, because no amount of money can compare to the experience. Discovering new populations of rare plants, propagating high value plants, shipping orders, maintaining the preserves, seeing Sarracenia and native orchids in the wild, etc. I miss it. Luckily I live close by and visit when I can.

Hi Folks:

Our summer intern program is filling up so if you are interested in applying you will need to get your application in soon.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Back