What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Native Carnivores Introduced Into Suitable Habitat

Nice work!

Read through this whole thread, but the others have so eloquently put, this is a good thing, hopefully we can see a benefit and enjoy it in this moment.

As man destroys countless natural CP habitats, it's nice to see one restored in what looks to be the right way.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing more pics!
btw, permethrin on your clothes, boots and gear with OFF on the skin will keep away the bugs. I routinely go into the worst areas of LI without so much as a mosquito bite or stray tick.

I went out to check these plants a few weeks ago. The older ones are looking just fine.......

.......and here are just a few of the 100's of seedlings that have sprouted in the area.

More pics to come as the season progresses.

Super awesome... Im glad these are taking off...

Any updates Cthulhu138? I love what you have done.

I won't be going back to this location until May at the earliest. The entire area is under 2 feet of snow until April but I plan on doing monthly visits throughout the summer months.

Lol. Johnny, after Wednesday, it's probably more like 3 feet of snow!

No kidding ! At least the melt off will be good for the water table.

I'm so jealous. Id love to be able to have my own natural bog.

Back