What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebay seller collecting wild seeds

PitcherPlantJunkie

PitcherPlantDruggie
Hey guys, I just wanted to send out an alarm post regarding an ebay seller. The seller's name is yescarnivorousfarm and the reason I'm sending this post is becasue he collects his seeds from the wild. I know it says that the seeds are not from the wild on his product's page, but after having a conversation with him, he said that he picks the seeds from the wild and send me pictures. If you would like evidence, please message me. Thank you

yes please put evidence out in thread, he offers species of many different areas so I am very curious about this. I have ordered from him so definitely want to know

evidence

I will post the pictures of our conversation here shortly. Since I was messenging him, I may have to crop out some personal information such as names. Thank you for your attention.

I will post the pictures of our conversation here shortly. Since I was messaging him, I may have to crop out some personal information such as names. Thank you for your attention.

we don't wont to see your/his real name or anything like that. We just wont to see his seller name and store name. If what you say is true the community wont to know. If you cant provide username/store its just here say and slander.

And that's my two cents on the whole thing.

its weird i havent received anything in PM or in the thread.... still just wondering if this is real or just a personal thing

its weird I haven't received anything in PM or in the thread.... still just wondering if this is real or just a personal thing

I'm starting to think they just a troll looking to steer the pot. If its the same person I think it is on another forum I belong to they said they were new to CP and looking for some expensive Neps. Then just a week later they had some they were selling things like Bical which isn't weird till read they had lots of each. It seems to me the just like popping in stirring the pot and sit back and watch. Just popping in enough to keep it fresh. At this point, if they don't post something legit. I'm going to ignore everything they post.

The seller's name is yescarnivorousfarm

He does say it is yescarnivorousfarm but I am wanting more than just someone who has as many posts on here as they have warning messages about this seed seller. I appreciate the warning but need more. I have as much reason to believe both sides of the story at this point.

And full disclosure, I saw the seller and was interested in getting some seed from them already.

I'm starting to think they just a troll looking to steer the pot. If its the same person I think it is on another forum I belong to they said they were new to CP and looking for some expensive Neps. Then just a week later they had some they were selling things like Bical which isn't weird till read they had lots of each. It seems to me the just like popping in stirring the pot and sit back and watch. Just popping in enough to keep it fresh. At this point, if they don't post something legit. I'm going to ignore everything they post.

Ahhh yeah okay I missed this message. Well good to know. I smelled a pot stirrer glad I am okay to get some seeds from this person. I wanted them. :D

Ahhh yeah okay I missed this message. Well good to know. I smelled a pot stirrer glad I am okay to get some seeds from this person. I wanted them. :D

Well, either way, I'm very sketchy about buying flebay seeds. There are legit sellers on there but I don't know who is. There are a few plant sellers on there I get stuff from. Nice plants good prices but there small.

Last edited:
When looking for seeds on eBay I follow a few easy guidelines for myself. (e.g. Where does the plant grow that produces the seeds for sale, is the seller in that country/location? Because if not I doubt they are traveling by plane or far by any means for a couple bucks worth of seeds.)( look for consistency in photos, watermarks, etc, description, do they know what they are talking about, ask for photos of source plant etc etc etc. or are you buying "nepenthes, bonsai, balcony, giant clip raidiation protection plant seeds"? I mean we all know to steer clear of that I hope. I have ordered many seeds from many people online as they are inexpensive and I figure it's worth a shot fake or not. After obviously doing my due diligence to determine to the best of my ability that they most likely aren't wild collected. With that being said, I have never been disappointed in a U.S. based seller (obviously not collecting nep seed in the wild.) seeds from Europe have also been legit just with much less germination (assuming travel, etc,etc) from Indonesia/Asia. I have received seeds that I frankly have no idea if they were legit or not, no germination.
This is my experience. Uncut. If you are thinking any more into than this you should just play it safe and buy from those you know/ been provided solid feedback.

he has great reviews and im only thinking into it because hes offering species that otherwise cant be found. I am fine if they arent legit and i lost out on a little money but if they are being taken from very protected plants in wild i want nothing to do with him. Mine are at US customs in New York now so too late to go back now :comp:

Pretty much all Nepenthes seeds on eBay are wild collected. There's a number of regular seed collectors in Indonesia and Malaysia who supply various sellers like Yescarnivorousfarm, which is based on South Korea.

Pretty much all Nepenthes seeds on eBay are wild collected. There's a number of regular seed collectors in Indonesia and Malaysia who supply various sellers like Yescarnivorousfarm, which is based on South Korea.

You might be right. I'm on vacation right now and I will place my evidence on this website at january 7th. Happy growing and happy new year.

That's a bold claim haha but I have a bad feeling your probably right on point. I stopped purchasing seeds from eBay when I began using the ICPS bank.

I'm not a troll steering the pot. What good does it do to me if he is out of buisness? This is the only forum I use BTW.

gonna put up evidence soon. Stay tuned.

Glad if you aren't a pot stirrer. Just a flakey a alarmist who only had time to start talking about this but not continue. ;)

Looking forward to the evidence.

As for seeds on eBay the guys have me convinced. I will play it cool on them in the future and just rely on the ICPS and the fortunes of others on here. :D

I'm not a troll steering the pot. What good does it do to me if he is out of business? This is the only forum I use BTW.

I was going to DM you but I figured I owed you a public apology. I am sorry. We are a fairly tight-knit community and it upsets me when people start throwing out accusations and just disappears or has nothing to back it up. As far as I'm concerned they are spoiled brats that didn't get there own way and are now trying to put a black mark on someone's reputation. True or false its out there and it makes everyone think twice about there product. So I'm very sorry if for coming off as a...well I can't say that on here.

Back