What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas from the cp community to help save cps

i say we convince the politicians to allow S. oreophila to enter TC and legalize the sale and trade of lab grown plants. that would reduce pressure on native populations and everyone could grow them.

same with other endangered sarracenia.

Ok...what do they gain by having these protected? Is there any reason that they wouldn't allow it? Is this protection just in place because somebody put it there and the fat, lazy politicians don't want to take the time to change it?

How does one begin to go about this (forgive my ignorance but this is new for me (the topic is new, not ignorance. That's pretty much been in place for a bit now))?

This won't help our dear little flytraps though. Those are certainly widely available yet still poached.

Has anyone thought of looking into getting grant money for public service announcements? It may help stem the poaching of native species.

For better or worse, the US government loves to give money away. Especially if it causes warm fuzzies for the constituients. Perhaps contact senators from the states in which our beloved plants currently reside to work on getting funding.

Worth a shot.

Back