What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

RamPuppy

Ozzy PM'ed me and pointed out a conservation thread is something we needed. I agree.  Conservation of our Carnivorous Plant Resources was one of Petflytraps Founding Principles.

So were happy to bring this topic to you, where you can come and work together and show how powerful our little community really is!

Your moderators will be Ozzy & Tamlin!

Great Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

I second what glenn said.
biggrin.gif

edit: and congrats ozzy!

Why is it that everybody gets to be a mod except ME??? LOL j/k
tounge.gif

***does ritual that officially welcomes new topic to forums***

This was a great idea. Good job Ozzy!
smile.gif

Nice idea. Welcome and congrats Ozzy.
smile.gif

Suzanne

First I wanna thank Rampuppy for adding this topic, and for letting me be a part of it.

My idea for this forum is a place that we can post our "pet" cp sites and any dangers that face them.  We can post phone numbers, address, and email addresses for local and/or state officials that have to decide whether or not a cp site is more important than development. We can also post petitions that we all can sign and send to the officials. My "pet" project is The Green Swamp in NC. I wish I had this a couple years back, it would have been a big help.

Also It's a place to just post about your favorite cp site or one that you've just visited. Please don't post location info. Just a general location will do.

Thank you to everybody that wished me well.
I think all of our letters, phone calls, emails, and petition will make diffrence.

The things I miss when my computer goes down for a few days... Congrats Ozzy, Good Idea!!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Wonderful Idea.

Ozzy, could we include wetlands as a whole as well and possibly rain forest. These resources are being destroyed at an unpresidented (sp?) rate. The world is literally starting to suffer from their overall lose and very few realize or even care about it.

Tim, our bees are dying off here!! Ack! pesticides. another resource.

Of course, If you have any conservation issue this is the place to talk about it.

One thing I decided to do is to pin any topic that is in the active phase of trying to save it. That way it won't fall down to the bottom and be forgotten about.

Back