What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to tell field-collected cps

That Guy?  I meant to ask someone about him.  He emailed me with plants to sell/trade that had rediculously low prices and way to many plants for just having "extras".

The above is a quote from earlier discussion.

Why would a poacher want to trade? I imagine that his/her goal would be to turn a quick buck.

Just a thought, imduff

If it looks suspicious, then don't do business with them. However, if the prices are that low, and they come with location information, and you don't know for sure he took'em from the wild, buy the plants, love'em, enjoy'em and spread'em around.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 08 2005,9:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 02 2005,10:11)]Unless the person has been found guilty of poaching, whoever post the names and PFT could be sued for lible. While I would love to be able to do that, I don't think it wouls be a good idea.
You can talk to many members here including myself and they will tell you who they think wild collects.
American libel laws are laxer than those in the UK; if I'm not mistaken, in America, a plaintiff needs to prove that the defendant (a) knowingly and willfully lied, and wasn't merely mistaken/misinformed, and (b) the plaintiff suffered financial damage as a result.

I would suspect that, at least, listing the evidence that led one to believe an individual is a poacher, without stating that the individual in question is/may be a poacher (and just letting the reader draw conclusions) should be safe, provided the evidence you list is all factually accurate.
Exactly and what you are referring to is slander.  You also had to have caused damage to his good name or business.  Although, if you do not have facts don't go there.

I also have an outdoor bog and you will probably get extras in the soil.

Back