What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. alata rescue alert!

JBL

Just saw this from Carl Mazur on the CP listserve. If I'm duplicating old news, I apologize.
JB

Greetings List,

If any of you live near the Abita Springs area of Louisiana and areinterested in rescuing some S. alata plants from an impending bulldozing, please contact Mr. Leo Sanchez.

He has arranged with the landowners for written permissions to access theproperty to rescue plants. He has done this on his own as a concerned citizen (thanks again Leo). Please contact Leo directly to makearrangements. His email is DeSanleo@aol.com <mailto:DeSanleo@aol.com> or
his home phone is 985-809-0141. Do not contact the ICPS for information or
details about the site... we are not involved in this rescue, but rather are
making it public to aid in Leo's efforts.

"I was a little surprised today to find that a number of these brave little
plants are growing through the bulldozer tracks from the last clearing. That
is one hardy little booger. Someone was out there during the week and piled
a lotta brush and is doing more clearing." A guote from Leo.

Carl Mazur ICPS President

Hey JBL thanks for posting that. I was going to but I saw yours.

Thanks for posting this. I have been busy packing because I am getting ready to move.
If you hear anything else about this please post it.
Thanks

thanks for the info. I would love to help although there isnt much I can do, I live in Colorado, e-mail me if theres anything els i can do

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Wish I lived closer. Any forum members from LA?

Back