What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT is FlyTrapShop.com?

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
FlyTrapShop.com was opened due to a sequence of events. This forum was opened by the owner of a carnivorous plant store to support their customers with help to grow their plants. It grew pretty quickly and is known as the "OG" carnivorous plant discussion board.
I was a member of this forum from about 2 months of opening... After years of participating I was invited to become a moderator, of course I said yes! Maybe 2 years after moderating, the owner of the forum announced he was going to sell the carnivorous plant store he had, and also the forum. But the only interested people so far were investors looking to plaster the site with advertising and basically let it run down till it died. Since this forum had became a staple of my daily life and I had made many friends here I decided to purchase the forum and run it myself. Right away, I upgraded the forum software to a different software which had much more functionality and options. Much to my surprise how much it costs to run! (Plus the monthly fee for the loan I took out to buy it)
So a logical step seemed to open a small carnivorous plant store to help me pay for the forum.

And there, FlyTrapShop.com was born.
A store ran by someone in the hobby just like you. Looking to provide great plants, at a good price, to support a forum that helps so many every day! (and gives them somewhere to hang out when they're supposed to be doing homework, or working :) )

And I sooo should be working! hehe

lol, same (im 14, still in 8 grade) IM IN CLASS!!! LOL! and posting on TERRA-FORUMS!!!! IN CLASS!!!:lol:

hmmmm well flytrapshop is a website where u can order carnivorous plants and get the gear u need for them. all u have to do is order!
:facepalm at sarr:

...and he does send nice plants.

Uh... i "got" this now, after hanging in the forum a couple of weeks!

Excellent with a serious source of seeds, do you ship to Sweden?

I'm sorry I cannot ship outside of the USA.
Andrew

And here I thought that the store had opened and then the forum.

Viewing current inventory

Sorry if theres a better place for this. I recently decided i wanted to try to grow a n. ampullaria, and am running into this EVERYWHERE.

It would be most helpful when viewing plants for sale if you had the option to sort or otherwise filter by plants currently IN STOCK, thus saving me the trouble of scrolling through item after item after page to verify that you don't have the plant I am looking for.

Sorry for the sour tone. It just says you have 18 (nepenthes) products available when really there is just one, truly available. I know selling carnivorous plants is not a money making endeavour and I thank you for doing it at all, but seeing what is available at a glance would be hugely helpful.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the suggestion. But I'm at the mercy of the store software since it's just a store software I use and not one that I've built. I believe years ago when I looked into this others had suggested it but it seems an option still has not been put in place. :-\
Andrew

Back