What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO is FlyTrapshop.com?

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
A few people have asked who I am. Some seem to think I'm a guy sitting on 20 acres out in the middle of a sandy desert, driving a horse pulled buggy! Well, I do live in Tucson, Arizona. but we are a normal city with over 1 million people.
As of the date this is written, I am 28 years old. I have 2 kids, Laurel (2 years old) and Caiden (1 year old). I am married to my high school sweet heart for a few years now. For my "real" job, I am head grounds keeper for an apartment complex. My wife also works a full time job (48 hour week min) and we have no baby sitter/daycare. We work opposite schedules to make sure we're always with our kids so I guess you could say we're pretty a pretty busy household!
As far as the greenhouse, it's nothing too special. It is 8x16x10 (LxWxH), has an RO/DI system current storing approx. 17 gallons of pressurized water which feeds a 1000psi fogger for humidification (on a cycle timer and humidistat). There is a Mastercool swamp cooler on thermostat to keep the heat down, and a 30,000 BTU propane heater on thermostat and a 1500w oil filled space heater for the winter.

Here is a quick glimpse inside the greenhouse as I work to separate Sarracenia for the 2008 spring. (picture taken mid Feb 2008)

P1010400.JPG

Back