What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I support FlyTrapShop.com!

This is kind of a random question but: How do you get your name green? Someone told me that you order from flytrapshop.com but then what?

Then Andrew waves his little magic wand and your name turns green. You might have to PM him to remind him, but he's pretty good about catching the color change if he recognizes you from the forum.

yeah, some people's names I know... but most need to send me a PM letting me know your ordered... The name on the order and your invoice number is very helpful in finding it. Thanks!

My plants arrived today in superb condition. Great packaging, great prices, quick delivery, and beautiful plants. Thanks Andy. I will definitely order from you again. Let me know when you get some more of your pings for sale besides the agnata and yucca do. I'm interested in getting a few. Thanks again for everything!!!!

I'll chime in again. I've ordered from Andrew twice and both times I received some of the healthiest plants (no I am not just saying this) I have ever received. The D. filiformis 'Florida Giant' is up to about 12 inches now and is starting to take over my growrack!

Random question, but can you grow Sarracenia minor under 6 40 watt growlights? So far all of these other plants that people say need to be in full sun are absolutely thriving, including my B52 cultivar.

Ordered my plants last year and they are still doing great this year! My Akai Ryu and my standard dentate traps are both sending up flower stalks this spring and are catching bugs like crazy!

Then Andrew waves his little magic wand and your name turns green.

:-)) :-))

I find the mental image of Andrew prancing around with his "little magic wand" rather amusing...

I wonder if he does it in public or in the privacy of his greenhouse? ;) ;)

Very good service, he has. Going to purchase again!

Good quality plant! :hail:

WOW! I was looking around Flytrapshop to see what it has. Even though it doesn't really have as many plants as the vendor I always buy from (except in sarracenias :D), I am going to switch to Flytrapshop now because their full grown Sarrs are about $18, while Andy's are usually full grown are $8-$9 (Besides S. minor, but they don't even have minor)! Your soil is cheaper, too! I definitely support Flytrapshop! Can't wait till you add more plants!

:-)) :-))

I find the mental image of Andrew prancing around with his "little magic wand" rather amusing...

I wonder if he does it in public or in the privacy of his greenhouse? ;) ;)
Aughhh! My eyes! My eyes! :-))

Sorry, the :devil: made me do it.

I just bought a N.Sanguinea from Andy yesterday and I'm so excited to get it in the mail! Does is it come potted or bare root?

It is packed and ready to be picked up by the mail right now. :) You should have it on Wed. As I told you in PM:
the N. sanguinea comes potted in a 3.5" square pot in a mixture of 50/50 LFS/perlite.
Andrew

I just picked up my plants this morning and I was really happy to see what great shape they were in after going though the mail. These were my first plants I'd ever bought that were professionaly grown and not intended to be noveltys.

There were also a couple extra sundews along for the ride in the ziplock containing the ping. :)

Hopefuly I have given them good new home, I'll take some pics in a couple days when they have settled and perked up some.

Thank you for the extra bag!!!....and the plants look great too!

I've been over there looking around. I'm thinking seriously about making a purchase or two in the VERY near future. Jeez! One of the plants that I want is three times the price at another spot that I looked at last night.

Received them today! You sure do pack well! The Dana's Delight has such an excellent color! I also found that the other Sarracenia came with a little D. burmanii. The 'Akai Ryu' I received is a lot bigger than I thought I was going to o_O. I also put them into my mini bog :). Thank you so much :D!

Edit: I also learned a very valuable lesson. Never let your Sarrs have no water in their trays (to me anyways)! Well, I just found that after adding water and after rain, I was able to pick up the pitcher and it stayed instead of the top quarter being floppy. And as for the other that was flopped in half perked up and seemed like nothing ever happened to it.

Last edited:
I got my two Sarracenia in the mail today. A S rubra wherryii and a gulfensis. Into the bog they went.

Just ordered a pot with two Dentes. Order #5382703825

Hope to see them soon. Hopefully it won't take them long to get here since I'm only a hundred miles away or so! :banana2:

I just ordered my Venus Flytrap 'Akai Ryu' and Venus Flytrap typical man i live in Eagle Pass Texas i cant wait for the plants to get here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my two Sarracenia in the mail today. A S rubra wherryii and a gulfensis. Into the bog they went.
Doh! I didn't see this.. That's why you're supposed to PM me ;) I'll get you upgraded to the thank you membership!
Just ordered a pot with two Dentes. Order #5382703825

Hope to see them soon. Hopefully it won't take them long to get here since I'm only a hundred miles away or so! :banana2:
I'll get you upgraded as well. I didn't realize that was you when I was packing, but I think yours is the one I put 3 plants in... If not don't be mad though.. LOL Your order was just handed to the mail man. Sorry I shipped too quickly and couldn't add that other item to your order. :cry: You should get your box tomorrow though, being so close :)

I just ordered my Venus Flytrap 'Akai Ryu' and Venus Flytrap typical man i live in Eagle Pass Texas i cant wait for the plants to get here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello- welcome to terraforums!! I'll get yours packed up tonight and ship it out tomorrow. You should get that Saturday. I'll get you upgraded shortly as well.

Thanks!
Andrew

Back