What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think that would just degrade the quality of the light... This doesn't lessen the light, it's actually more, because at every point, the sun is hitting and being refracted into many more rays... When I am inside and look at a light outside, or the sun, it's not a round light.. it is a line that runs the whole length of the g/h. So even if the sun is to the right, I can look to the left and see the light because the light is hitting over there, and being refracted into every direction. So instead of one spot getting hit with one ray of light, it is being hit by many rays of light from every direction. Hope that makes sense. But really, g/h coverings is a whole other topic ;)

Andrew

PS- I forgot to post the view from the back of the g/h to the door apparently.

Last edited:
Whitewash on the panes is probably just poor man's shade cloth.

So is that how Sanguinea upper pitcher looks like? The 'all red' capensis tray looks so fuzzy! And I think that those 'Akai Ryu' with the bits of green look better.

The N. sanguinea vine going up to the N. Miranda plant
P7060021.JPG

whats with the little baggys?, are they filled with LFS?

For some reason I have a hard time growing/keeping alive sphagnum. This was an (old) attempt at growing it... they need to be thrown away, as my other attempts were much more successful. (just putting lfs in a pot, and keeping wet by top watering...)
Andrew

nice looking greenhouse altogether Andrew!, but it seems at some point you'll outgrow the space as you propagate more, do you have room to expand?, like adding another greenhouse, or replacing with a bigger one?

Yep, there is room :) I'm already playing with Ideas for the next build. This was a nice starter g/h... but it has things I don't like. So now I know what I'm looking for and my next purchase/build will fit what I need much better.
Andrew

What are those things the VFTs are in? They don't look like pots...

You mean the same thing the pings are in? they're flats... one tray with many separate holes... One for each plant.

That Capensis 'All Red' propogation tray is beatiful.

Thanks bud! I was actually just admiring that tray a couple days ago and had snapped a picture with my phone :) So here is an update of it,
Andrew

Last edited:
WOW! Just wow! That's so incredible. :)

So THIS is what flytrapshop.com looks like, VERY IMPRESSIVE, i must have gone up and down on this thread 4 times before succumbing to my opinions. I so would love to have that ping yucca do 1713 in pic 16, the tiny little 4 pack, adorable! darn canadian winters, i'd go g/h, but heating in winter would be impossibly expensive, i'll just enjoy your pics for now...

I think my addiction just kicked up 20 knotches

holy crap...

Back