What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What plants do you want to see FlyTrapShop sell?

I believe that there's one at Bonn.

They just aren't available to most people.

I want to see a consistently stocked, reasonably sized and priced cephs.

some more revealing pics? I look at a lot of the sarr pics and they really give the wrong impresion. (at least to me, especially the S. purp x flava. [I can't spell that name!])

More revealing? You want the plants more naked? This is a family site! :-)) How does the catesbaei "give the wrong impression"?

Blake- you're silly dude :p

Heliamphora! Although, those might be a bit difficult to grow in those parts. ^^;

It just doesn't show how you would actually see it. It looks thinner. I like full pitcher pictures.

Did you click into the detail of the item? There is a full plant photo there on that one... I mostly show just the tops though, since I feel that really does give the main gist of the plant. And if I had full plant pictures of 2 ft tall plants, you really wouldn't be able to see the plant in the photo since it'd just be a tall thin thing in a small photo.

I want to see more free plants listed. Like if I add 15 Sarrs to my cart, Andy just ships them to me for free, no shipping or anything.

It just doesn't show how you would actually see it. It looks thinner. I like full pitcher pictures.

I think Andy's picture is great. It's a good representative of what a typical catesbaei looks like.

Plus, catesbaei pitchers are never really "full" anyways. They're always a little thin towards the bottom with more girth towards the top.

I think Andy's picture is great. It's a good representative of what a typical catesbaei looks like.

Plus, catesbaei pitchers are never really "full" anyways. They're always a little thin towards the bottom with more girth towards the top.

Then I need to take another look. btw, I know what catesbaei looks like, but when I saw just the top I just thought it was just another regular sarr.

What about some more Dionea cultivars. Flytrapshop only has the 3 most basic ones. I would like to see at least some of the more common yet interesting cultivars: B52, Fused Tooth, Red Piranha, Cupped Trap, Royal Red, Big Mouth, Sawtooth, etc...

Now if you really wanted to tickle my fancy, you could get some of the very rare cultivars that are impossible to find in the US like Clumping Cultivar and Dracula, but I won't get my hopes up.

B52 would be nice to see in the store, as would "Gold Strike". I have a spare B52 to donate / trade to the cause, too. ;) (I'd have a Gold Strike to donate but my cutting didn't make it.)

Andy used to sell P. gigantea but doesn't anymore. (Old store URL for it) Which is a shame, as I'm going nuts trying to find it. ;) Ditto with a virus-free P. x 'Titan' -- I fear the one I picked up is either in shock or infected.

Haven't been able to find S. psittacina, that might be one to look at getting. The store's also missing Utricularias. U. longifolia and U. sandersonii would be an interesting addition, and it's not like they're that hard to propagate. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see truncata and maxima on the list. Maybe even stenophylla and eymae. So far both are pretty heat tolerant. Worth a try to raise those in Arizona.
On another note it looks like Andy has refreshed the online store.

Definitely would like to see some B52's for sale! Also a steady supply of Cephalotus, although they are rather hard to get.

I think the biggest thing would be to upgrade the Nep selection, keep to the easy plants but broaden it significantly.

I'd like it if pots of all sizes were sold there.

Cephalotus by any chance?

I'm not sure if anyone's said this, but I'd REALLY like it if "cupped trap" was sold.

Sell the plants internationally!!!!That's what I want = )

If you guys haven't noticed, there is N. ventrata.

Back