User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: What plants do you want to see FlyTrapShop sell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be very excited to see Pinguicula gypsicola in stock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FlyTrapShop should sell plants at the same level as in the most interesting members' collections. Do they have a wish list? Is there a mechanism to send them material, and an interest in this?

I suspect openly encouraging donation of plant material beyond seeds might be tricky legally, but in almost all cases I would think seeds would be OK. If they are already overwhelmed with plants or don't have time/patience to grow from seed that might be an issue.

I'm not personally in a position to do it at the moment, but it seems that members should keep in mind FlyTrapShop when they have surplus materials. If indeed they are welcome.

Edit: I just saw a post several above suggesting that this is done to some extent. My guess is that there could be more of it, and perhaps a "sticky" in the trading forum would be in order.
    Last edited by RandyS; 02-07-2015 at 11:13 AM.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything rare/uncommon. Hamatas, mantalj., etc. Even unusual flowering plants would be an awesome addition.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cwatson1414- I have more, they're just a bit smaller than I usually like, I'll try to get a picture and PM it to you to see if you're interested in it at that size.

RandyS- I'm not sure what post you are referencing but there is a post in this topic somewhere I believe that talks about how I welcome to wholesale price selling of plants to me for the store, and that's even how I manage my Sarr. stock. It all depends on what it is and if I have space. There are definitely members here that send me random things so I can propagate them and eventually add them to the store, it's always much appriciated =) But to have topic openly asking for donations... ehhhh I'm not sure I'm really into that kind of thing. Maybe at some point I could push myself to do it though. I kinda figure if someone wishes to send me something, they'll contact me about it without being asked. We don't allow "gimme gimme" posts on this forum, so to do one myself is a bit of a no-no. heh

NemJones Stylidium had been donated to me and was doing wonderfully, but then crashed. I'm down to a few but I'm hoping to get it back up and going then those would make it in there.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it would be nice to open into areas that other US vendors are lacking in. As far as I know, there aren't really any vendors in the states with a good selection of tropical Drosera aside from the usual spread of ZA species. The seems to apply for utrics, temperate Pinguicula, and LL Neps.
    Last edited by w03; 02-07-2015 at 03:52 PM.
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew,

You definitely shouldn't have to ask for anything. However, members of the forum who find themselves with a surplus of material should also automatically think that you might be an obvious recipient, if there is indeed interest. I think there is a middle ground which stops far short of a "gimmie" approach, but that lets people know that such donations are of benefit to the community and to this forum. This thread is in fact a "wish list" of your (potential) customers for what they think you should sell. If people read this and see repeated requests for a species--an example could be Cephalotus--do they think you should go out and buy a bunch to resell? If several people sent you a small number of leaves each it could painlessly solve the problem. And so on.

Unfortunately the real "gimmie" attitude is that people don't think they should give back to their sources and other institutions that make their activities possible.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great point! Thanks for a note and I"ll put some consideration into doing something along those lines, thanks.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    cwatson1414- I have more, they're just a bit smaller than I usually like, I'll try to get a picture and PM it to you to see if you're interested in it at that size.
    Excellent!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920