What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bare root Venus Flytrap sale!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello all, I thought I had posted this but apparently I didn't. Whoops! There are a few days left and still quite a few plants left so stock up. :) The plants are in need of transplanting out of their flats and into new media so they're a bit smaller but still very healthy plants. The price is down to $1.59 ea and if you buy 20 or more, you get an additional 40% off, that takes the price down to $.95 ea. Get them while I got them :-O

Venus flytraps from www.flytrapshop.com

Andrew

Sounds like a great deal!

Are they mature?

They were flowering a last year. But seems the extra year of not being transplanted when they should have been shrank them some. :( I transplanted a tray out a couple weeks ago and the plants are already taking off... But if I had to categorize them, I would not say they are mature/flowering at their current condition. If you've ever had a Venus flytrap overtaken by moss... You have an idea of what I have here.
Andrew

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'm probably not going to take advantage of the offer as I have like 20 genetically different typical plants, but I would if I had room/wanted more. I'm going to try growing them from seed so I'll be watching the seedlings closely. They I really will have to get rid of some!

No problem, it really is for newbs or maybe someone just wanting to build an awesome spread of flytraps :p I did want to get some pictures up though- so here they are.

This is an example tray (one of a few I have like this) of where they're coming from (PM me when you order and you could probably get a few small D. capensis too)

IMG_1251.JPG

And here is the tray I transplanted out... The size varies quite a bit- but the really really small ones may be included for free.

IMG_1250.JPG

Andrew

Wow! We even get pictures!!!

I'll have to think about it :)

And does this offer still go on? :-O

Currently it is set to expire tonight. I wanted to make sure I could get all the orders out by tomorrow for it. We'll have to see what stock looks like and such to decide if we'll go for another run at the bulk sale.
Andrew

Your site is not pricing them correctly, I put 20 in by cart bareroot, and the price is coming up $89.90 before shipping.

Sorry about that. It was due to expire last night and I extended it... apparently not correctly. Fixed now though. I just transplanted out a bunch more so I'll have to do some counting and see if I'm going to continue the bulk sale. The individual sale is still going but the bulk is pending how many more I have to transplant out. Current price for 20 is $31.80 before shipping.

Andrew

Alright, I got more transplanting done, still more to go! So I've decided to relist the bulk sale, that quantity is subject to being removed though... if I get out there and transplant some more, so get your orders in. =)
Andrew

Yes, only typical VFTs are included in both sales.
Andrew

Is there still a possibility of receiving teeny little vfts or d. capensis?

I think the last pack of 10 I shipped out ended up getting 17 total VFTs (incl tiny ones) and 2 small D. capensis (they didn't request any of them) It all depends on what is in the plugs I grab when I'm packing your order =)
Andrew

Is this offer still open? I have a friend who wants VFT's.

Still going!

Does the friend need to be registered with TF?

No. The price is already configured in the store. If they are interested in some of the Drosera, either you can PM me their info, or they can email me... That's only mentioned here. =)

Bump! Is this sale still going? If it is... I'm wondering... are your Dionea going dormant yet? What do you think about shipping dormant or otherwise flytraps that would be going into dormancy as soon as I got them?

I ordered a great double potted VFT from you over a year ago and they were very happy and terrific plants until.... the $!%!$ blue jays tore them up :mad:

Anyway, would you advise ordering them this time of year?

Back