What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes 'Judith Finn'

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hey clue (and others =) ), here are a few quick snaps of my N. 'Judith Finn' tray.
Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
A whole tray of N. 'Judith Finn', huh?

DSC_0161.jpg

Have they gotten more colorful than that? :p For a veitchii cross, I feel as though they are lacking something.....

Those are lookin' great!!

N. 'Judith Finn' lends itself to the whole "The child who doesn't live up to their parents' thing. Poor N. 'Judith finn'...

What's the pineapple dude have to do with anything? lol
yah, they get more color when they are not where they currently are. hah

What's the pineapple dude have to do with anything? lol
yah, they get more color when they are not where they currently are. hah

Pineapple dude. :lol: It's just the namesake of the cultivar, that pineapple dude. :-))

How have they been growing for you in your conditions? I feel as though I should try one of these, even though everyone thinks that they should be destroyed.......

Well, when I got them they were about 1/3 or maybe even 1/4 that size. So I'd say they're growing well. Another example of "Could really use a bigger pot" I'm sure. I hear from a lot of people that the neps they get from me explode, probably because they're potted out of the plugs and into pots to be shipped out. I try to keep one or two of each potted out and ready to go (have one N. 'Judith Finn' ready right now) but I can't say it's always true. lol
Andrew

Oh and regarding color... Here are some other pitchers from the same tray.
Andrew

I was curious as of what conditions these are grown in(if they're all the same clone), lowland or highland, so I can provide mine with the best care. Thanks.

I have them in my heated greenhouse, they definitely do better (pitcher and growth) in the winter so would probably appreciate a move to the other greenhouse with my HL stuff. But my winter conditions are about 50f for a low and highs are probably 70. (that greenhouse is actually set to 85 in the summer, but this sits in front of the cooler so I figure the air coming in is somewhere around 70)
Hope that helps =)
Andrew

So I could maybe move it into my basement? It would probably do better there. Since there's 2 large(and by large I mean 6" leafspan) basals, I may just cut off the top and try to root it.

I was surprised this week by finding one of my store stock N. 'Judith Finn' plants flowering... So thought I'd share a picture. =)
Andrew

IMG_20110910_120534.jpg

That's a big tub of goodness right there.

Wow! Do they normally flower that young, or is something seriously wrong with that plant?

Its probably a cutting from a mature plant.

Not cuttings. They're plants I purchased a while back that were produced through TC.

TC plants in general are known for flowering young. it's cool to see the same thing happens with Nepenthes.

I might be buying one of these soon :D Ive wanted a Judith Finn for awhile but haven't been able to find one. It seems Ive found one, AND its affordable! :)

Hopefully sometime in the near future Ill be throwing money at you ;)

This is a thread from three years ago?

Back