What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello everyone. Being in a warmer climate some of my Sarracenia are already starting to send up some growth so I decided to count my inventory and get it updated at www.flytrapshop.com ! There are lots of new things listed, and some only have 1-3 available. This announcement was first given to the Thank You members (as always) and some things are already gone, like Sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora x (x mitchelliana x 'Royal Ruby')

IMG_1176.JPG

But there are plenty of others not previously listed like Sarracenia 'Royal Ruby' x 'Judith Hindle'

P9190556.JPG

And Sarracenia leucophylla "Alba Top"

IMG_1613.JPG

And others so go there and browse around! Some don't have pictures :( use your imagination or wait till mid season and I'll get some up.

Don't forget your official TerraForums.com calendar on sale for only $10.99 shipping included!

cover+copy.jpg

overview.jpg

Also don't forget the Thank You membership is now available without a purchase for only $12 a year- check out all the details of what you get here: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109464

Remember! If you spend $10 or more IN PLANTS to send me a PM with your invoice number and you get a free year of the thank you membership.

Thanks for supporting TerraForums!!
Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question....The Sarracenia leucophylla "Alba Top"......do the pitchers themselves have any red pigment?.....or are they pretty much green and white?

It is similar to Sarracenia 'Hurricane Creek White', it is NOT anthocyanin free; it has red flowers and the whitest hoods seem to show best in really good light. The picture I have above it was getting about 6 hours of direct sun a day. Hope that helps :)
Andrew

It is similar to Sarracenia 'Hurricane Creek White', it is NOT anthocyanin free; it has red flowers and the whitest hoods seem to show best in really good light. The picture I have above it was getting about 6 hours of direct sun a day. Hope that helps :)
Andrew

Ohh.....I think I know what I'm gonna buy from you now. :grin:

NO PICTURES ON THE Sarracenia leucophylla "alba top" x flava var. ornata?!
THATS THE MOST INTERESTING ONE!! :-O

Oh wow! There are some nice looking hybrids in that bunch. I see 3 or 4 I think I am going to have to buy.

How big are they? 2-3 year old?

I sell divisions of plants, not pots of plants (unless multiple growth points are not ready for division). So I take the pot that's the most crowded, unpot it, split it up and send off the larger one... They are definitely mature in size for the most part, here is S. flava var. rubricorpora x (x mitchelliana x 'Royal Ruby') which I sent off today

IMG_20110305_094643.jpg

This is from last year, but you can get an idea of rhizome sizes in general... And I didn't update Sarrs. last year, so very few were sold/traded off since then. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=959445&postcount=24

Thanks. Will definately be getting a few.

Happy return customer. I got the plant I ordered today in the mail. Thanks so much Andrew!

Now, if I can just make room in my collection to squeezing in one or two more... :)

Trying to figure out this 'Alba top'.. is it unique onto itself? googling yielded more confusion than answers. I did manage to find one article from ICPS that would suggest 'Alba' refers to Schnell's Ghost, but that is a yellow flower variety. Hurricane Creek form also has a yellow flower I believe.

I bought this clone from the person who identified it and he told me that it had never been distributed, so I'm the only one selling it, and the only one out other than the original and the ones recently sold is the one I sold at the 2009 NASC auction. for $50. Note the "alba top" part is in double quotes, indicating is is not registered/official.

Andrew

ah.. ok. thanks for the clarification. was going no where fast trying to find out more info about it haha.

Andrew has terrific Sarracenia. I picked up a Sarracenia 'Judith Hindle.'

Trying to figure out this 'Alba top'.. is it unique onto itself? googling yielded more confusion than answers. I did manage to find one article from ICPS that would suggest 'Alba' refers to Schnell's Ghost, but that is a yellow flower variety. Hurricane Creek form also has a yellow flower I believe.

If I am not mistaken both are genetically similar in that they both produce all white topped pitchers but are not anthocyanin free. Alba top can be found in nature as well. It just so happens that Schnell decided to make a cultivar of one of his particular clones.

BTW, ordered some sarracenia yesterday.

Back