What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fly Trap Shop is moving!

At the new location that night:

IMG_1692.JPG

Moving rock last Friday... this was truckload one of two.. this was the smaller of them. :X
2012-01-20_12-35-35_695.jpg

A little bit of child labor to make it all nice and level...
2012-01-20_15-42-10_293.jpg

And a part of the ditch I dug to run electric and water over there... the small greenhouse will be on this side of that one, so they'll both tap into this. It's all covered and working perfectly now. This was done Sat. and Sun.
2012-01-21_17-33-38_428.jpg

wow.. that's a lot of dirt. Looks pretty darn level now though. SO jealous!! What percentage of shade cloth is that? Looks pretty light for Arizona.

I don't remember.... It's a couple years old, that was the south side... now it is the east side. we'll see if i even need it anymore or not. :)

Oooh, great progress!! Can't wait to see it all stocked! :-D

All that's left is getting the child labor to dig a new pool. ;)

Why do I need a new pool? :( I know mine needs some maintenance but it's not THAT bad. :p

oh.. cause I thought you didn't have one at the new place. :scratch:

OH.. didn't have one at the old place. Do here.

OH.. didn't have one at the old place. Do here.

Can't keep all of your mansions straight anymore. You're too much of a high roller for me to keep up with..

...right. That's why the last place I was renting from my parents (hence not being in a huge rush to move the greenhouses.) This is our first owned home (been looking for years though).

Good to see the move complete Andrew. I wish you all the best for business and I hope the plants flourish in their new location.

Yesterday I emptied all the tropical stuff from the small greenhouse to here in the big greenhouse. Today, I tore apart the small greenhouse. If all goes well, I will have the small greenhouse here and mostly up tomorrow with just moving the rock for sometime later. No pics. :sorry:
Andrew

edit: quick note... My Drosophyllums took the move horribly for some reason and are completely black now. But the Heli. flower is pressing on!

Congratulations Andrew!

Small greenhouse is moved, put together with new top panels (old ones were bad, busted by hail and wind) and rocks all moved. Gotta move over the cooler, humidifier, and stuff to get it up and running then... all the plants.

2012-02-02_18-09-08_763.jpg

Both greenhouses up in their new location.

2012-02-02_18-09-26_803.jpg

Andrew

Looks great!

*whistles* Look at you go. The place is really coming together. Very nice..

Well, as of yesterday I think I have all of my plant stuff here. Still have lots of moving around and organizing to do (and boxes to go through) but I'm happy it is all finally here! My hobby/plant packing room is smaller here than the last place. :-\

2012-02-06_15-41-29_926.jpg

Dormant stuff still sleeping for the most part....
2012-02-06_15-42-44_651.jpg

2012-02-06_15-42-57_536.jpg

Some of my pickier plants of my personal collection have not liked all the changes recently so we'll just have to see what didn't like it enough to not make it. :-\ The fan also decided it didn't like being shut off for a while after having ran for a few years... I got it to start, but soon it froze up again. :(

2012-02-06_15-43-16_888.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

OH, the blue and white buckets collect the brine (junk) water for the RO system and I'm carring those out to the front yard to water stuff... I plan on getting a large water tank which I will directly run a hose off of. That should definitely be easier than my current method.

Oh, it's coming together nicely! :-D
(I can't wait to see all the dormant stuff in full-swing, that's my favorite :drool:)
But the neps look happy too, hopefully everything pulls through :)

See man.. I honestly don't think people give you enough credit. You really do have an amazing setup. And that's a beast of a humidifier I see in the little GH. Is it just a 2 gallon?

Thanks guys. The humidifier holds a lot... like 2 or 3 in the clear thing that comes off... and another 4 or 5 down in the bottom. It is a recirculating humidifier which really is amazing. Too much time wasted on those wicking ones- they're useless.... But it is nothing compared to the 1000psi fogger in the big greenhouse. heh

Back