What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fly Trap Shop is moving!

Best of luck at the new home. Looks snazzy! :)

now to fill up all the empty spaces. :)

Funny you mention that Mach... I keep looking in there thinking something has got to be missing!! I know I reorganized and such, but I don't know how I ended up with THIS much "extra" room... *looks around again for plants sitting where they don't belong*

Ok, at my last location there was grass in the back yard where the g/h was, and fruit/citrus trees... Here, since we had to bring in a bunch of dirt to level the back yard, it's barren... The front although, has stuff... So I've had the RO waste water from the g/hs going into a 50g drum, which I'd load into 5g buckets and walk around to the front... Yesterday I purchased a large water tote (just under 400gallons) and today, got it all set up to collect water from both g/h RO systems, both g/h cooler purge pumps (cycles out old water to let new water in to keep pads from becoming huge chunks of calcium), and also, to collect the water from back-washing the pool. At the bottom, I fitted the large industrial ball valve down to a hose thread, so I can connect a hose and water the stuff in the front yard (and eventually what goes in the back yard) directly.

2012-02-12_17-21-32_494.jpg

The 1.5" pipe coming up this side is the pool backwash... The g/h stuff come in on the other side. This was the first time back-washing the pool in about 3 months (since we had the back yard leveled...)

Looking pretty good adnedarn,I can tell this is going to be well organized! :)
And wow, a 400 gallon tote, that's amazing!

You have a RO system? Why dont you try using rainwater?

Im sorry to ask this but dont you think you invest too much in CPs growing for some NOT SOOOOOO BIG profit? The plant growers all around the world have millions and millions of plants which they sell monthly, but you only some small greenhouses that can fit about 2K plants, right? You pay for the heaters, you paid for the EXPENSIVE RO system, you paid for the transportation of all the stuff, you paid for everything! Is it THAT much profit? Like, in the end you will sell each plant for a range from 7 dollars to hundreds of dollars, but they take so long to grow, needs LOTS AND LOTS of care and you have to spend on so many things in that time!

Fieldz

Last edited:
For most of us, this is a hobby we are passionate about and not a business just to make a profit from. Lots of people have hobbies they put money into because it is something they are passionate about and not just for profit, gives them confort and peace in this otherwise hectic stressful world; boating, sports, flying their own airplane, animals, gardening/landscaping their yards, the list goes on. Don't you have a hobby you are passionate about? I would be sad if you don't.

Actually, I have 4 RO systems.... One in each greenhouse, one at my sink in the kitchen, and one complete system as a backup. It doesn't rain too much in the desert my friend. :) So, I must use RO water... If you would like to know more about my business please check out the posts I have here in the flytrapshop forum stickies, specifically "WHAT is FlyTrapShop.com?" http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111908 and it explains why I do what I do pretty much and how much I "expect" to make from it.
I agree with the above, hobbies are, in general, a great "waste" of time and money... This is my only hobby that actually attempts to pay for itself... but overall, they help keep me happy and it makes others happy (this forum) so I'm happy with what I do!
Take care,
Andrew

Good luck with your new location.

I like how the side of the trailer says "OMG"!

That was the names of a 3 guy race team (my uncle being one). ...back before OMG was what it is now. :p

Back