What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Calendar?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Haven't heard.... thought I would ask

I know it's always a drama magnet, but is there going to be a 2015 calendar?

I figured as much..... and had it been mine, it probably wouldn't had gone as long as it did
too much drama....

shame though,

Agreed. Love my TF calendar! Tried not to peek so I would be surprised every month by contributor and content. Happy December Av!

Yep skipping it this year. Mainly due to not enough interest in the final product. But also those who normally ran it and did the editing and such all had a busy school year. Not sure if it will even come back partly due to the above. :-\

Yep skipping it this year. Mainly due to not enough interest in the final product. But also those who normally ran it and did the editing and such all had a busy school year. Not sure if it will even come back partly due to the above. :-\

Well, thanks very much to all who participated and purchased in the past! I though they turned out wonderfully! :) Hopefully this will rise from the ashes again one day and bless my wall with some incredible plants grown by some incredible folks! Have a great holiday season Terraforums!

Bummer, I was looking forward. Also looking forward to next years NASC fundraiser, if that is a GO.

There are numerous calender templates that let you plug in your own selection of photos and have the provider print you a calender - very common. I've used Zazzle for other printing needs and I see they offer this service. (Not so much an endorsement as an example of such a service) So why not try this:

Any member that wants to participate can submit photos to a Flickr Pool (or similar service) and anyone who wants to make a calender can select their favorite 12 photos from the pool and plug them into a template for printing. That way, YOU get to put the photos YOU want in your calender. Seems to me this might be a way for everyone to get exactly what they want out of a calender. Just because its not being organized FOR you as a TF-branded product doesn't mean you can't participate in a democratic, personalized community calender project.

Its just a suggestion. Do with it what you wish.

Last edited:
What "drama" are we speaking of? Were people upset that their photos weren't used?

lol, not taking the bait :p

you were around for the accusations of secret panels, biased votings, conspiracies.... etc

Anybody try the Banjo Minnow™ ? A member sent me an email and filled me in, but that sounds more intriguing than I was led to believe.

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6S8tc6y0uvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Terraforums calendar drama! Oh noooooo!!

#firstworldproblems

I'm sad to hear its not happening this year, I understand why though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6S8tc6y0uvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:-)) You always crack me up, thank you.

thought about the Joan Baez version but omg it burnsssss, it burnssssss :p

I dont know what drama you guys speak of, but a calendar with a new plant on each month sounds really cool..

and i just saw this.
so here's the quick story--- not that much drama actually.
my new job was pretty demanding. did not have the time to set up and monitor the contest. deferred it to another member on the forum. idea was for other member to set up the contest, while i would just be in charge of post-processing photos and graphic design.
other member on the forum ended up being busy with school and such-- so my part never happened.

Back