What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FlyTrapShop.com Sale and updates!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
-> Have you noticed we have VFT "King Henry"? This thing has been reported to have traps larger than 1.75", who wouldn't want that?!
->A few Pinguicula have been updated and added to the site so have a look if you are in need of those
->N. ventricosa has been put on sale $8.99
->Bare root VFT 'Akai Ryu' is on sale half off, $3.25

I hope you all are as ready as I am for spring! (Although, I'm currently having to cool my dormant greenhouse to keep things sleeping since we are experiencing days in the mid 80s currently) but soon, it will be time for them to wake up again, and I can't wait!

This post was pulled from the facebook page posted 2 days ago, get your notifications of sales and new products earlier than others by liking the page: https://www.facebook.com/flytrapshop (An email was also sent to those who have purchased before and requested future update emails)

PS If you buy in the next 1.5 hours I should be able to get it in the mail today! Don't forget to pick up a ThankYou membership and get more features here on the forum, more information here: http://www.flytrapshop.com/collecti...mbership/products/1-year-thank-you-membership

Thanks for supporting TerraForums.com and have a great Valentines day.
Andrew

Last edited:
Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for the sweet deals Andrew!

Thanks Shortbus, you too!
I've been asked about the size of the VFT 'Akai Ryu', they are dormant so they're a bit smaller but there are babies in there and I'm just throwing them in too ;) enjoy them!
Andrew

Great, now if I just had shipping-friendly weather. ;)

Anyone else find it odd that of the limited selection, it seems there are more plants (and even accessories) sold out than not? Like in the Drosera section there's only one plant that's in stock?

Anyone else find it odd that of the limited selection, it seems there are more plants (and even accessories) sold out than not? Like in the Drosera section there's only one plant that's in stock?

I don't find it odd at all. As someone on the buying end it's certainly disappointing to see so much out of stock. On the seller's end I'm sure Andrew is quite happy that the stuff moved and disappointed that he doesn't currently have more that interests you. FlyTrapShop is a small business that I believe Andrew runs out of his house. I am being a bit presumptuous perhaps, but I suspect that given his limited space, turnover like that is a way of offering more variety over the long haul. Nothing odd to me.

Not sure how it's "odd", but it has been suggested to me to raise the prices so as my divisions come available they don't sell so quickly.... Sure, that would make the store look better with more in stock all the time, but I'm not exactly a fan of higher prices. But it's not uncommon for things to sell out shortly after I add more to the availability. Also, you mention the Drosera section specifically. D. burmannii is a summer growing annual species, so I don't generally have many growing in the winter- the last ones were sold a few weeks ago but more should be coming up soon with summer coming. D. capensis is I actually have a few available so I'll update that, D. filiformis is dormant for winter so I don't list those until I'm sure they're growing well and healthy. D. adelae and D. kenneallyi, admittedly I have not had for a while.
SubRosa is correct, I run this out of my house and is my hobby, not my job. Mainly I run the store to pay to run this forum and try to provide quality plants and good price points.
I hope that helps to spread some light on the subject. If you would like to learn more about me you can see this topic: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php/111909-WHO-is-FlyTrapshop-com and more about why flytrapshop.com even exists you can see this topic: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php/111908-WHAT-is-FlyTrapShop-com

Hope that helps,
Andrew

Back