What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Singapore - growing sphagnum

Cindy

Staff member
I'm currently growing it this way on my northwest-facing balcony. Had got good results using the same method a few years back on a east-facing window.

sphagnum_box.jpg

The bottom of the container is lined with a layer of peat and the live sphagnum is laid on top. Needs very bright but cool temperatures. Cool to us, that is.  
smile_m_32.gif

I grow it almost the same way but I grow it in my tank (considoring climate) and I dont have peat in the bottom. I dont have anything ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Oct. 03 2005,9:54)]I'm currently growing it this way on my northwest-facing balcony. Had got good results using the same method a few years back on a east-facing window.

sphagnum_box.jpg

The bottom of the container is lined with a layer of peat and the live sphagnum is laid on top. Needs very bright but cool temperatures. Cool to us, that is.  
smile_m_32.gif
Hi,
you say you have had success with this?
Using the sphagnum from FEF? If so maybe I will try too.
How much light does it get? From the post I assume no direct sun?
Thanks!
smile.gif

It is live sphagnum that came with some of the plants I bought. I've not tried this method with the LFS from Far East but it did come to live in my D.petiolaris pot...

...let me take a photo...

Back