What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes order

Hi guys,

Is it too late to order now? Would like to get your opinions on what lowland pitchers are affordable and easy to grow?

Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lam_wn @ Oct. 31 2005,10:57)]Hi,
I have received order lists from wezx, Jason, sunfish. Thanks
smile.gif

ebeyonder, you are still keen right? Not trying to rush, just checking in case...
And for all who ordered, just to remind you, please tell me or make sure you are in Singapore in about 1 month/ 3 weeks time,
and please give me your phone number so that I can call you the MOMENT the plants arrive  
smilie4.gif
 (or any other way that I can reach you best/fastest)
If in 24 hours never collect, then I would pot out and keep aside in my simple potting mix.
How to collect?
Best would be if you come down to my house, but I can arrange to meet at MRT stations or if you live close to me can send personally.
I live in Bkt Timah area btw...

Is every one ok with this?
confused.gif

If not, I will send order as soon as possible (i know everyone is excited!
smile_m_32.gif
)

Thanks
Hi Lam_wn,
I am fine with your proposed arrangement. I will be around in 3 weeks to 1 month's time.

Fastest way to contact me will be via my mobile number, which I believed you already have
smile_m_32.gif

thanks

Hi Lam, I've sent you my orders. Pls let know if everything's fine! Thanks
smile.gif

Hi all,
I have just received latest order from cowbox, everyone else confirmed plants already?
If not, you still have 1 day, will send out order this weekend, maybe friday night.
FYI, there are 6 people ordering in total counting myself, total of 50 (exactly) plants to be ordered, and total of USD$519 to be spent. +shipping and cites and stuff , and then convert (X 1.65) to SGD...it should add up to nearly SGD1000
smile_k_ani_32.gif

so I request that every one please give me your kind cooperation. I have been double checking many times to ensure all your orders are fulfilled, but please dont blame me if still some slight size mistake or what...
Besides ebeyonder, is there anyone else who may have trouble collecting? If not please give me contact number: I have sunfish H/P, and Jason&Justin Home numbers, if I recall correctly...
And just to let you know, shipping cost may go up if I box is not enough for every thing  
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lam_wn @ Nov. 03 2005,12:36)]Hi all,
I have just received latest order from cowbox, everyone else confirmed plants already?
If not, you still have 1 day, will send out order this weekend, maybe friday night.
FYI, there are 6 people ordering in total counting myself, total of 50 (exactly) plants to be ordered, and total of USD$519 to be spent. +shipping and cites and stuff , and then convert (X 1.65) to SGD...it should add up to nearly SGD1000
smile_k_ani_32.gif

so I request that every one please give me your kind cooperation. I have been double checking many times to ensure all your orders are fulfilled, but please dont blame me if still some slight size mistake or what...
Besides ebeyonder, is there anyone else who may have trouble collecting? If not please give me contact number: I have sunfish H/P, and Jason&Justin Home numbers, if I recall correctly...
And just to let you know, shipping cost may go up if I box is not enough for every thing
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks
This is going to be the largest overseas nep order in the history of singapore...
smile_m_32.gif
CITIES are not required for individual plants right?

And I'm passing it...
smile_h_32.gif

Wait till I make more space first.
smile_m_32.gif

So whats up with the order? Have they sent it yet? Whats the final price for postage n stuff

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
Have emailed them the order.
They replied and gave proforma invoice, requested payment after confirmation.
Unfortunately, they missed out several items.
I listed all missed items, calculated to double check and all, then replied.
Today, they just sent the corrected proforma invoice. Am checking and double checking every detail now. But it seems correct so far. Will be making payment soon, then it should take another 3 weeks.
Actually it was not shocking to see the error...it happened the last time too, I am guessing they do it manually, so just have to check very carefully.
Please PM me your contact no.
Thanks
smile.gif

Hello everyone,
very massive order here, the order is being processed now, I think it should be another 10 days, followed by short while more, before they ship it,
just an update, get prepared!
Thanks

Thanks for the update! To those I promised seeds to, please hang on - I'll send them out end of this week! Thanks!

Hello,
erm...slightly bad news for all, just received only:

Dear Mr. Lam,

I write to bring to your kind notice that still we are under processing for CITES export permits in the Department of Wildlife of Sri Lanka. In that case it won’t be possible to ship your plants on 25th November and our next shipment date would be Friday 9th December.

Thanks & Best regards.

Dixon Wickramasinghe

Borneo Exotics (Pvt) Ltd.

Sorry for all those expecting earlier, I too was surprised it had to be delayed that much, does anyone have trouble with this date, please PM me.

SOrry again,
thanks

Nooooooooooooooooo

I dont get it, they have fixed dates for shiping which are like 8 years apart? Maybe we can get it specially delivered
biggrin.gif

how long will it take to export u expect?
Im having my exams in Jan, and going away for the xmas weel dec, so... will u have space to store that many plants?

Hopefully will arrive b4 17...otherwise Lam's house will turn into a jungle (if it is not already).
smile_m_32.gif

I would say it takes 5 -7 days to arrive, heh? Cutting it bit close...

I have no problem with a later date
smile_m_32.gif

smile_t_32.gif
yikes,
ok I am slightly worried...
I dont think (hope) the transport takes that long, I think just 2-3 days right?
confused.gif

I am also leaving for holidays during 3rd week, but have someone to water plants, hope that is enough...
is there anyone else with trouble with this date? I have SoMe space still
Thanks

Hi Lam, as you already know, I won't be able to collect the plants from you throughout the whole of Dec
smile.gif
Thanks in advance!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (eBeyonder @ Nov. 22 2005,8:12)]Hi Lam, as you already know, I won't be able to collect the plants from you throughout the whole of Dec
smile.gif
Thanks in advance!
Yes, dont worry about that.

Ok, just received another message, it should explain most of everything:

Dear Mr. Lam,

I am writing to apologise for the fact that it is taking an unusually long time to obtain export permits for your shipment. Sri Lanka had presidential elections last week which resulted in several public holidays and as a result the permit process is backlogged. Usually, we turn orders around in no more than 2-3 weeks.

We have not shipped to Singapore before but the package will arrive in Singapore on Saturday ready for customs inspection on Monday morning. Everything from that point depends upon Singapore customs and postal services. We have recently sent several shipments to Hong Kong and the customer received the parcels in very good condition on either Monday or Tuesday, so you can expect to receive it probably on Tuesday 13th December.

We do not anticipate any further delay and will inform you as soon as we have permits in hand and are able to 100% confirm shipping date.

With apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Robert Cantley
Managing Director
www.borneoexotics.com

hmm, actually I ordered from them once, but, ok, since we have a date, I hope everyone would find time to pick up.
Thanks

Tuesday the 13th sounds good. Mad rush for coursework deadlines and Nepenthes potting till the end o' the term...mmm...
smile_n_32.gif

Yes I thought you did order from them last time (I even have a few plants from them sitting in the terra right now!)? And a pretty big order it was if I remember correctly...

Hey all,
the shipment was just sent out yesterday, 9/12 as promised.
So I will call you guys the moment I hear the doorbell on...Sunday or Monday? (do they deliver on sundays?)
confused.gif

be prepared.
Oh and as for total price and stuff I will PM each of you.
Thanks and good luck

That's pretty fast, the shipping I mean. And didn't take long to consolidate the order either, unlike when we did Malesiana.
smile.gif

Back