What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wanted D.capensis bainskloof

seeds of plants,

im in the uk,

thanks,
Robert.

bainskloof? Is that a form? I may be able to send you some seeds next time I get a flower...

RL i thought it looked different too? more broad petioles and a shorter trapping surface

It's a form from that particular location. I'm nopt sure if it's registered as a form officially.IMO the best looking cape form.
Try CPUK forum and i'm sure you will find one close to you.

I think Andrew posted a picture of his Baineskloof awhile back.

I had a Typical Broad Leaf Cape Dew for years and it did the same thing that the infamous Bains Kloof picture just not as dramatic because it was not as old... so it seems if you want a Bains Kloof Cape, you can grow out a Typical and it will do the Stem thing given enough time (2-3 yrs or so)

There's pics at my website, both that and my photobucket are blocked at my work otherwise I'd post the pic here now...

I am also looking for Bainskloof, however, I am in the USA

If that's the same thing as 'Broad Leaf', I have seeds.

I don't believe it is, it appears to be more stem forming.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have some, and it really does look different. It has shorter leaves, with more densely packed tentacles. It readily forms stems, and the plants look like little palm trees in a very short time.

Definitely worth growing.

ive been wanting one for a very long time

would love some seeds

Back