What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous plant growers from India?

• Thread starter Vidyut
  • Start date
I grow carnivorous plants. Interested in connecting with other growers in India. Particularly if you are growing drosophyllum...

Currently growing:
  • byblis liniflora, byblis guehoi
  • pinguicula aphrodite
  • drosera burmanii, finlaysoniana (indica complex), spatulata, hybrida, andromeda, capensis, curviscapa, esterhuyseniae x slackii, binata dichotoma giant, binata red(?)/marston dragon(?), binata multifida (seedlings), pretty rosette (seedlings)
  • nepenthes ampullaria, ventrata, miranda, several vikings (?) + small plants: truncata x mira, rajah x veitchii, robcantleyi x veitchii, veitchii x platychila, rafflesiana, madagascarensis, bellii (+several plants and seeds on the way)
  • venus flytrap several small plants
  • heliamphora minor (scrawny one, this)

I've been lurking here for a long time, mostly reading up. Thought it might be nice to find people from India.

Last edited:
Hard to find good suppliers in India

If there is one thing harder than finding fellow growers in India, it is finding reliable suppliers. Most of them are out of business. Few sell neps, but without name of species. One sells droseras burmanii, spatulata and adelae. That is it.

It looks like you have a decent collection started, despite the low availability.

Bonjour

you grow others plants like amorphophallus or dorstenia ?

if you want drosophyllum seeds I have PM me

jeff

It looks like you have a decent collection started, despite the low availability.

Thanks! I end up having to buy almost everything from abroad and spend a fortune on shipping. But as I kill fewer plants with each passing year, it has started looking less and less like throwing money in a black hole.

Back