What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Australian Carnivorous Plant hobbyists

Hi

Seeking other Australian Carnivorous Plant people to connect with. In the hope that we may trade, buy, sell from each other.
If you are from Australia, post a message here.
To get the ball rolling I'm from Victoria, Australia.

Regards,
MadAboutCPs

Hi

Seeking other Australian Carnivorous Plant people to connect with. In the hope that we may trade, buy, sell from each other.
If you are from Australia, post a message here.
To get the ball rolling I'm from Victoria, Australia.

Regards,
MadAboutCPs

Hi! Great idea! I'm over in Geraldton, Western Australia :-D Only have a small CP collection currently, but I also have a heap of seeds sown (Dionaea, Sarracenia & Drosera) so fingers crossed for some good results in the near future....lol

Hi! Great idea! I'm over in Geraldton, Western Australia :-D Only have a small CP collection currently, but I also have a heap of seeds sown (Dionaea, Sarracenia & Drosera) so fingers crossed for some good results in the near future....lol

Hi Rachel. Lovely to meet you. Good luck with you're sown seeds. I hope they all sprout in time for spring.
Have you been lucky enough to see any Cephalotus follicularis growing in the wild in WA?

Hi Rachel. Lovely to meet you. Good luck with you're sown seeds. I hope they all sprout in time for spring.
Have you been lucky enough to see any Cephalotus follicularis growing in the wild in WA?

Thank you MadAboutCPs - nice to meet you too! I hope at least some of them germinate - having a bit of a funny winter over here so far. I have a lot of tiny Drosera capensis seedlings that sprouted about a month ago, so that's something at least lol. Have a few more plants coming this week that I ordered online, so once they arrive I'll put up my little grow list. Unfortunately I've not had the privilege to see wild Cephalotus as they grow around Albany which is quite a distance from here, however my mum's friend lives there and I have told her to be on the look out. They are one of my favourite CPs :-D

I'm in WA myself, in the Mandurah area. Some of my friends made a Facebook page recently (carnivorous plants perth ( western australia)) so feel free to join that as its quite active. Also another friend made a page for his business in WA recently too (Primal Plants) - hes got some nice stuff there...Well pretty much everything as he does TC too haha. Absolute jammed packed 30m (?) greenhouse full of Nepenthes...I think he posts Australia wide too, so feel free to contact him on there.

What are you all growing at the moment? I've not got the biggest of collections due to being stuck in the rental house prison but I've got Sarracenia outside with VFT and a tonne of seeds propagating indoors at the moment along with Pinguicula, Utricularia, Tuberous, Cephalotus and some Lowland Nepenthes. I was growing quite a few Nepenthes but had to get rid due to not being able to construct a greenhouse...But hopefully that will change eventually.

I'm in WA myself, in the Mandurah area. Some of my friends made a Facebook page recently (carnivorous plants perth ( western australia)) so feel free to join that as its quite active. Also another friend made a page for his business in WA recently too (Primal Plants) - hes got some nice stuff there...Well pretty much everything as he does TC too haha. Absolute jammed packed 30m (?) greenhouse full of Nepenthes...I think he posts Australia wide too, so feel free to contact him on there.

What are you all growing at the moment? I've not got the biggest of collections due to being stuck in the rental house prison but I've got Sarracenia outside with VFT and a tonne of seeds propagating indoors at the moment along with Pinguicula, Utricularia, Tuberous, Cephalotus and some Lowland Nepenthes. I was growing quite a few Nepenthes but had to get rid due to not being able to construct a greenhouse...But hopefully that will change eventually.

Hi Nick! Nice to meet you :) I'm already a member of the Perth Facebook page, but didn't know about Primal Plants so thanks for that! I've already sent him a message enquiring about his cephalotus lol. I am determined to add one to my collection one of these days!! Hoping to do a road trip one weekend to check out his plants. I've only been collecting for a few months, but actually got around to posting my growlist the other day;

https://www.terraforums.com/forums/grow-list/142370-rachel8t4s-growlist-wishlist.html#post1209034

I also have a heap of seeds sown (sarracenia, dionaea, drosera) but not sure if they will successful lol. First time growing CPs from seed, and I just had to move everything to a new location at home due the the Geraldton wind ripping down my shade cloth. Well fingers crossed anyway....lol
It's cool to finally find a few people with some Pings happening in Australia.
:boogie:

Everyone should post their setups!

I don't have much of a set up compared to some growers lol but here's a few pics -
My plants are just on my balcony on some old furniture that was here when we bought the house lol it does get some pretty impressive light at certain times of the day though, all the plants seems pretty happy so far.

35425481714_745d718103_z.jpg

And these are my seeds currently sown, just out in the backyard. Have covered kitty litter trays in glad wrap for humidity and made funnels to easily top up the water levels and help with air flow. We only have Bunnings around here, so if you can't get what you need you have to get a bit creative lol. Hoping for at least some success, but it's my first time trying to grow CPs from seed and the weather has been very inconsistent....

35221628794_074dea92e3_z.jpg

35891114102_2d66b82511_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back