What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Land Down Under

Hi guys!

Long time, no see!

Well Spring approaches us here in the southern hemisphere and I was just wondering if anyone has any interesting news?

I do!!!!!!!!

I recently germinated 3 year old Nepenthes seed with a 90% germinaton rate. The seed was stored in a standard postal envelope in a drawer in my work desk (it's amazing what you find when you move! ). The seed was produced by me and is an N. ventricosa-sanguinea hybrid (good thing I lable all of my pollinations and resulting seed). I am just about to start selling my excess plants (at the local markets) and have had huge interest just from friends and relatives since anouncing my plans to do so.

well just thought i'de let ya's know seeing as it's been a while since I got the chance to get amongst the forum.

Catch ya's all when I can

Chris.

PS. contact will be a little more regular now as I have just invested in a new PC (thank the GODS, sigh of relief  
smile.gif
).

Thats pretty neat! I hope my N. alata seeds germinate.......

Good to see other Australians here. I thought I was the only one.
smile.gif

Back