What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi cper from singapore part 2

By the way eBeyonder, you'll want to check the soil of the Nep you bought. I discovered lots of orange fertiliser balls in the soil of both my neps.

Thanks Colin, I'll do that later. What soil is that do u know? I know nothing abt soil for Neps, so is that OK for the Nep?

Anyway, a while ago, someone was mentioning that some place at Mandai sells many Neps... does it still sell any? I'm thinking of popping by for a look... it's Mandai yes, but I'm wasting away at home anyway
biggrin.gif

I'm afraid I don't know what soil that is. It seems very peaty, and it holds quite a bit of water, as my pot became very heavy after watering.

nep6.jpg

Here's the nep I got from Redhill... can some1 help ID it pls?

Alata...but I'm beginning to think it might be ventrata...give it more sun and it starts to turn pink and the perisomes get pointy...

The soil is probably peat and they come with slow-release fertiliser (little yellow balls) all the time. I've repotted mine in LFS and the plant seems pretty happy. I noticed the leaves are thick so it'll take lower humidity better...in fact, none of the pitchers turned brown after re-potting unlike other neps.

Talking about n.ampullaria, I find them really cute...the only nep to look like a urn (and lowii looking like a toilet bowl)...you all should see them in our nature reserves...they are all over the ground...
rolleyes.gif

Hi eBeyonder,

Can you post a pics of your Nep leaf base around the vine.

Quote Tony
"N. ventricosa (and Ventrata, added jalan kayu) looks like one tapered leaf with the leaf edge going all the way down to the stem and wrapping around. N. alata has a clear petiole"

Hope this help.

I went to Orchidville today and was quite disappointed... the neps there don't seem to be very good and there seemed to be only one variety. The N.rafflesianas TC were interesting but seemed awfully small. I read also that Woon leng sells tissue cultured rafflesianas. Are they similarly small and kept in sterile bottles like those at Orchidville? Or have they already been potted? Thanks!

Woon leng sells tissue-cultured rafflesianas that are already been potted, size 5~9cm leaf to leaf span, at S$1.50 each pot, when buying choose pot with multiple plants.

happy growing

Back