What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is redhill market?

Hi,
Can somebody give me the exact location of the redhill market where i can get nepenthes?

I think it's the rehill market in Singapore.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, it's just beside Redhill MRT. Get to the taxi stand at Redhill MRT, and while there and facing the main road, turn to your left. Cross the road at the next traffic light and walk by one block of flats and you should be able to see the market. The shops are on the side u see when u first approach the market by the way described above.

You may have to tell the shopkeepers to bring in some, as they don't stock them regularly.

Let us know if you find any
smile.gif

Hi vistary,

If you're keen, I'll ask the shops to bring in some. I used to visit them so often that they know me.
tounge.gif

Anyway, the species I've gotten from there so far are:
rafflesiana
ampullaria
mirabilis - 2 forms
alata

I juz went there juz now n there was one sad looking alata there. Almost half dead.
But if they hav the N.ampullaria, do let me know.
Anyone got the red ampullaria?

The alata I got from Redhill, though having rather brown/dying pitchers at first, recovered sufficiently within 2 mths (although I had to repot it since the original mix had many fertiliser balls in it). It's now producing a lot of pitchers and some are quite big as well.

Mine wasn't doing too well, until I decided to hang it from a tree. All my other neps (FEF ventrata and Redhill raff.) seemed to like the conditions there, and sure enough my Redhill alata/ventrata (can never really differentiate) is improving.

Though I don't think it's that satisfactory yet. Pitchers still smallish.

Oh, I didn't think there was much in Redhill in Surrey
wow.gif
sad.gif
rolleyes.gif

Hi Cindy,

Please ask uncle to bring in more rafflesiana and ampullaria! I have none of these.

Anyway, FEF (Thomson) now sell tissue culture Nep. ampullaria and Nep. rafflesiana. I do not know the source is from, so I did not buy them.

Cindy: pls ask him to bring in ampullaria, i bot a tissue culture of the ampullaria fr fef, but it seems to b growing extremely slowly

Hi all,

FEF (Thomson) used to sell tissue culture Nep from Malesiana Tropicals see
here

Ok.
smile.gif

Back