What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent news!

The Botanical Gardens is opening a Cool House son, and they have informed me that several species of Nepenthes and other CPs will be on display. Finally a chance to see some highland neps and temperate CPs in Singapore
smile.gif

too bad...im banned from buying Cps now...when is it ? maybe ill go have a look

will it be there for a short period of time?

colin: really? how do you know about it?

That is excellent. I've seen some temperate CPs overseas and my favourite has got to be the Cobra Lily. It looks great. It'll even be greater if the Botanic Gardens starts selling the CPs
biggrin.gif

The Cool House will only be opening in December, so we'll have to wait a little longer. I don't know if they're planning on selling anything, we'll see how things develop.

vistary: I had an email correspondence with one of the Botanical Gardens people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Regarding your comment on Nepenthes, I would like to inform you that
several species of Nepenthes and a range of other carnivorous plants are
included in the plant display in the Coolhouse. The Coolhouse will be
opened to visitors in December of this year.

Yours sincerely

Ian Turner"[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The Cool House at the SBG has a long gestation. There were initially some problems with the airconditioned and later, I heard that there was an accident. In addition, it appears that aircon also leaked quite badly. Anyway, treat what I said as rumours.

The Botanical garden have been 'promising' to open the cool house for the last 2 or 3 years. Each time the opening date arrives they push it back another 6 months. I know that they have bromeliads mounted onto the concrete wall by the door way. Let's hope that it opens as planned this time.

Oh. Well, that certainly takes some of the shine off the news.

Here's hoping, anyway.

Back