What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jean from singapore

Hi all, Neil here.

Jalan Kayu- I also bought the N. alata (which isn't! but is a hybrid N. ventrata) from Island. It is definitely the most prolific pitcher producing plant I've ever had. At the present time I have over 20 pitchers! The whole plant is a mass of them. So beautiful. Definitely worth the $35 I paid several months ago.

Thanks Jalan Kayu, I'll try that. Currently my n. rafflesiana is out in the sun quite a bit, about 3-4 hrs direct sun. Guess I'll have to shade it a bit more.

Yup, that's definitely Island's nep. Should have bought it while I was there. Wonder how they got the plant to pitcher so prolifically, when it's in the shade all the time.

Again, how do you differentiate between an alata and a hybrid?

Are there anymore of those Neps in Island? They look absolutely beautiful with so many pitchers!

Islands has 2 type of Neps; a few Gentle (old stock) and many Alata (new stock, actually Ventrata)

Jln Kayu, are they all $38 each? Thanks.

Yes, they are all S$38+GST each, try to get a discount of 15%.

Back