What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location of fef thomson and spa?

• Thread starter eBeyonder
  • Start date
Just visited FEF at Thomson and they have a small shippment of CPs. A new one is a Sarracenia hybrid. Defintely with S. purpurea parentage but do not know enough to comment but nice purple colour. New S. purpurea are also available but somewhat smaller than the one that I bought three weeks ago. The Drosera capensis appears to old stock but there are obvious new growth points to consider a purchase. The CPs were all placed on a rack near the cashier nearest to SPA. However, it appears that the workers might be moving the whole CP rack to another location as I left FEF.

The Nep. alata hybrid, that is also available at Island, is priced at a whopping $45!

I'm wary about FEF's CPs...my D. capensis had four rosettes in one pot. I've repotted it to three, hopefully they'll survive the shock.

Haha $45....that's down from the $59 it was priced at the last time I was there.

When I visited FEF recently, the nepenthes were still $59 also.
Maybe if enough people go there and ask why Island can sell it for only $38 for the same plant, they may get the hint that their prices are quite high and that if they lowered them, then more people may buy the cp's from them.
It isn't only cp's that are expensive at FEF, I always go to Island to buy my bromeliads - between $5-$10 cheaper per plant!!

Where exactly is Island? Along the Thomson stretch?
rolleyes.gif

Island is the nursery nearest MacRitchie res.

FEF Thomson seems to have new Droseras. At least these have dew drops on them, which I've never seen before on FEF's droseras. All capensis though, as usual.

Cindy - Infront of FEF is the slip road/ road-side car park. Drive along it past the end nursery (Hawaii?) and there is a small road bridge on the left. TURN RIGHT once over the bridge to reach 2 other nurseries. The 2nd one is ISLAND.
If you want to view some beautiful water features/water plants, drive over ithe bridge and turn left. There are 2 water nurseries. The 2nd is good for water plants etc.

Hi, has anyone dropped by FEF Thomson these few days? Are there new CPs there? Cheers

Hi again,

I've been to both FEFs at Thomson and Queenway so I thought I'll provide an update of what's there. Thomson has only Sarrs and sundews. I guess it's been like that for a few weeks now, despite me being told to come back "next week" to see new plants. It's always "next week" for the past 3 weeks I've been there and asked, so come next week, I won't be there anymore
smile.gif
I think there're some neps hanging around but these are quite expensive.

At Queensway, there're some VFTs, Sarrs, sundews and the n.ampulluriana (however u spell it), and some other overpriced neps hanging around. The VFTs look like they're slowing dying, but some of the sundews (capensis) are flowering. I got the ampulluriana today and it's quite nice. It's all clustered in the pot, so I find that unique. Anyway, I noticed that at Mandai, the neps there have pitchers (most of which are black/brown/yellow) looking like ampulluriana's pitchers but they aren't clustered. Are these the same species?

Back