What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location of fef thomson and spa?

• Thread starter eBeyonder
  • Start date
Hi all,

Are these two places on the stretch of room between the Police Academy and MacRitchie Reservoir?

eBeyonder, you can find FEF at 555 Thomson Road. SPA is right next to them.

Thank you all.

I am now heading to the 2 nurseries to get some plants, esp the Raffles Pitcher Plant at SPA, as mentioned by Jln Kayu.

Thanks!

Hi all, I visited both FEF and SPA this lunchtime. There were only 2 nepenthes at SPA, both didn't look too good with dead brown pitchers etc. In the end I bought 2 small stag horn fern instead.

There used to be three, Neil, then I bought one. Racking my brains thinking how to revive it now. Hopefully I'm doing the right thing.

I am wondering if the tropical pitchers that are at SPA really Nep. rafflesiana. Could they be Nep. x hookerana (hybrid of Nep. ampullaria and Nep. rafflesiana)instead because the pitchers do not appear to be large enough for Nep. rafflesiana. Or are the plants still immature?

I bought the large Rafflesiana from SPA at $12 today. I was quoted $15 at first (that being a surprise by itself, since a smaller one was lying opposite it with a label for $15). When I suggested $12 becos the pitchers were black etc, the seller readily agreed. I shld have quoted a lower price
tounge.gif
But then again, $12 is quite a good deal.

I'll post some pics later... the plant isn't exactly dying tho it does have many withered pitchers... it is also in normal soil... is that a prob?

eBeyonder, your second link doesn't seem to work for me.

It appears my luck with buying CPs is just awful. I bought the same nep as you did, eBeyonder, but mine was in much worse condition (don't remember seeing your nep on sale), and the seller refused to lower the price from $15.

My nep's pitchers are much more withered than yours, eBeyonder, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm waiting to see if mine improves, if it doesn't then the soil may be suspect.

The nep is in some unknown substrate, with some perlite mixed in.

Hey Colin, prob I just happened to meet a nicer seller than you did
smile.gif
But cheer up, I'm sure ur plant will improve with time. My pics show only one half of the plant -- the other half has withered pitchers, leaves and all that...

I'm now waiting for my regular supply of CPs to reply so I can get my hands on more VFTs, sundews etc... shld be an exciting wait.

Cheers

Hi eBeyonder,
Congratulation to the new owner of a large Rafflesiana.
Can’t view your pics.

Hi Colin,
As for some doubts about the ID of Rafflesiana (has many forms) or Hookeriana (also many forms)
Attached Rafflesiana photos from Malesiana and my own

nep-raf2[1].jpeg
DSCF1159.JPG

and a hookeriana is like this one
[img]http://home.petflytrap.com/jalankayu/CP%20Pics/hookeriana-spotted[1].jpeg

Which similar to yours?

At last the links work
smile.gif

I notice the lids of my plant's pitchers are brown, whereas Jln Kayu's one has a healthy green colouration to it. Looks like mine isn't as healthy as I thought
confused.gif

eBeyonder,
I am sure with your care, it will get better with new pitchers.

Okay...I'm fairly sure it's a rafflesiana, based on all the circumstantial evidence.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Seems like lots of people have D. Intermedia. Is it hard to grow?

Hi Colin,

D.intermedia is quite simple to grow. I mean, I leave it in a tray of water and it grows very well by itself. As I've written in a previous thread, I've put some leaf cuttings in soil in an attempt to propogate the plant. After 3 weeks, some small greenish leaves can be seen emerging from the parent leaf.

See Here: http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=813

Moreover, my current plant has flowered, and I'm looking forward to collecting seeds once the seed pods ripen, whenever that will be
smile.gif

See Here: http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=5;t=799

Fabulous.
I've never seen D. Intermedia on sale, so perhaps I could buy cuttings from you eBeyonder
smile.gif

You don't have to buy them from me
smile.gif
I'll give u some leaves for free if u want... it's just some leaves, how much can I charge u for them?
biggrin.gif

Back