What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This year's open day was the best so far and approximately 30 people attended from as far afield as the Netherlands. Many people had plants for sale and I'm sure everyone was awed by Mike's mammoth collection. There were some rare Sarracenia on show, including S. alata black tube, S. leucophylla 'Hot Pink' and 'Titan'. Everyone was kept well fed and watered by Mike's wife and a healthy supply of Grolsch! Many forum members attended including Richard (RichardUK), Brendan (flook1e), Stephen (garden of eden), Phil (padedeji), Mike (Efikim), Ross, Vic Brown, Suzy. Apologies if anyone is missing!
The weather was also kind on the day and virtually everyone left clutching boxes of new plants. Richard has taken some photos with his digital camera, which I'm sure he won't mind me posting.

11096542-48b7-01E00280-.jpg

View of first greenhouse with Darlingtonia and minor in there with a few others.

11096545-1499-01E00280-.jpg

Some burgundy Sarracenia forms in the second greenhouse.

11096544-316a-028001E0-.jpg

Impressive looking leucophylla and these oare only the spring pitchers.

11096681-b561-028001E0-.jpg

The S. leucophylla 'Pink Lip' seen in Mike's avatar.

11096545-1499-01E00280-.jpg

S. flava in Mike's 2nd greenhouse.

11096678-11ed-028001E0-.jpg

View from the outside.

11096680-02e9-01E00280-.jpg

Collection of Dionaea.

11096679-a85b-01E00280-.jpg

Some S. flava and leucophylla for sale.

11096541-d10d-028001E0-.jpg

The world's biggest flytrap! Note the flytrap is what's being measured.  
biggrin.gif

Man!! I am green with envy. I would love to have been there to see these in person!
wow.gif
Great pics of beautiful plants
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Guys,
It was great to see so many of the British guys who are on this forum. We had a total of 51 visitors during the day. Some had driven well over 200 miles and one guy had driven all the way from Holland to be here. Everyone who brought along plants to sell or trade came away profitably.

Next year's open day has been set for Saturday, 12th of July and we are thinking of having an end of day barbecue for those who can stay til later. Maybe some of you guys in North America may want to come along?

I might, I'm visiting Europe, just dunno when.
confused.gif

If anyone's interested, that's me in the second photo from last clutching a sheet of paper and a slice of pizza!

hey garden of eden
you r cool lol
pizaa mmmmm
lol AAH WHERED IT GO
dionea: mm tasty
GOE: wut
wow.gif
the.......................................................................................
confused.gif
sad.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
NAAAAH !
musta been a dog

ya they alwayz take picture of those #### pizza snackers....
never those guys eating raw onions
dont worry alvin meister, you will be on a picture one day .....................
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Nice collection of CP, you got there, Mike.
biggrin.gif

Yes, it's a phenomenonal collection! Well worth the long drive
smile.gif

Back