What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for sarracenia hybrids

C

cpluveruk

I know that there are places in the States that sell plants overseas, but I don't think I can truly trust it because of the lack of permits and what not...

anyway..what I am looking for are Sarracenia Hybrids that I haven't been able to find here..

Judith Hindle
Madri Gras
Ladies in Waiting
Dixie Lace

Really, the complex American Hybrids...not the simple X catesbaei...

Does anyone know of a place that offers them, and that have reasonble shipping fees and good plants?

Cheers

Chris

I am assuming that you are in Europe somewhere?? If you are in the UK you might see about contacting Mike King, he has a huge collection of Sarrs. He is a member here so you might try sending him a message, check the Sarr sub-forum.

Mike King doesn't have a huge amount of hybrids, he tends to concentrate on the species. I know that Julie Jones has just had a batch of plants in from the States including some of the ones you mentioned, if you don't have her details mail me.

Hi Steve,
  You are right,I tend to concentrate on species forms but I have now 50 different hybrids and with some new material coming in from the USA within the next few weeks will bring it to well over 60 different hybrid clones. The delivery will include some named cultivars which have not been in the UK before like 'White Sparkler' and 'red Sumatra' along with Mardi Gras,  and some others which are already over here, plus 1 enormous moorei...
smile.gif

I hope that will redress the balance!
wink.gif

great Mike, see them at your next open day!

Back