What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. intermedia plant for trade or free, Singapore

recieved!
thx, planted them in spahgum moss, about 5 inches from 72W PL lights

Hi Jason,
May be you want to try all 3 methods of germination:
In peat & perlite
In LFS
In distill water
And keep us update on the progress

JK

What's LFS?
I seem to have heard that expression many times
Jason

Received your beautiful plants yesterday. Thank you very much!
biggrin.gif

Jalan Kayu, I haven't received your cuttings yet... I happened to receive a letter from a friend without glancing at it, which is why I assumed it was from you. Turns out when I opened it it was a bulky Christmas card!

Could you PM me to see if the address is correct? Thanks a lot
smile.gif

Do I have to grow the seeds under strong floresent light or sunlight?
Jalan Kayu, when you say three methods of germination, do you mean three sperate methods, because I have never heard of planting seeds in distilled water alone before
Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
-Strong fluorescent light or indirect bright sunlight
-Yes, three separate methods, and yes in distill water, transfer to CP mix when seeds rooted. Yes I have tried them all successfully.
JK

Received your plants! Thanks, now they're under ICU.
wink.gif

Hi Jalan Kayu,

The D. intermedia that you passed to me is amazing! It is now in anthesis! Incredible!
biggrin.gif

Hi guqin,
Strong light tends to induce early flowering! What is the growing condition of your D. intermedia?

I have two 36 watts compact florescent tubes for a total of 72 watts (6500K). In addition, I have recently began to raise my curtains so that the plants get exposed to the morning sun for a few hours. I think the recent cool spell also helped.
smile.gif

ya my plant flowered about 5 days ago, i have the same light as guqin, 72W

Back