What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S'poreans - Scale insects on Neps?

Cindy

Staff member
I kind of welcome the warm weather back although I'm likely to be complaining about it later in the year.

My siow-siow gracilis mother-plant is done with scale insects and it's looking like a few strands of grass instead of a beautiful bouquet of pitchers! WAHHH...

Anyone have problems with pests besides algae in your sundew pots?
wink.gif

No, I have ants crawling around my VFT and my tiny D.intermidate (which I accidentally dropped there while feeding my D.intermidate with ants).
tounge.gif

Do ants usually crawl around carnivorous plants? Is it because of the sweet nectar these plants produce? They don't want to be eaten on purpose, do they?)
tounge.gif
They can't really do any damage to my plants, right?

Thanks,
Jason

spider mites,
mad.gif

I have them feasting on my palm tree, but so far they havent migrate to my neps corner which is a few metres away

Blast them with miticide (use a hose)
tounge.gif

Jason

I've use baygone insecticide
tounge.gif

Pretty good, but dont really know if there will be any adverse effects.

I use alcohol+water and a cotton bud. Dap on the scales and later clean them off. Very tendious but for my neps...

Anyway, I discovered my n.maximaXventricosa at work have it too!
rock.gif

Back