What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryophyllum - anyone grows them? (s'pore)

Cindy

Staff member
I'm looking for the species of bryophyllum (likely bryophyllum pinnatum) that DOESN't have its babies growing on it unless the leaves have fallen off onto the ground or is in contact with the ground.

What is commonly found now are the ones with the little babies already growing on the plant. Grrr...
mad.gif

I thought that some of the ornamental ones that you can get at the gardens are ones that do not have plantlets growing at the edges?

The ones sold have the babies on the edge or on the tip while the leaf is on the plant. I'm looking for the type that we used to keep between our books as bookmarks and wait for the roots to grow.
sad.gif

Oh, those. This is challenging. Have not seen them for a long time. I think people think that they are too common to sell and perhaps they are no longer commercially available.

Back